SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 24-12-05, 11:36 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default SV650S with a Bellypan fitted pictures

Hi, I am a recent proud owner of a Blue 2001 SV650S (from reading stuff on here models like mine are nicknamed a ‘curvy’??). Anyway it is totally standard. I have always thought the SV looks a bit ½ finished without any lowers (personal view/preference/eye of the beholder and all that (don’t want to offend anyone on my first post!!! )), so I want to either get a lower fairing or just a bellypan for mine.

First step is to see what they look like with those two options. I have found lots of example pictures on here of the ‘curvy’ with full lower fairing, but not really any good ones of a ‘Curvy’ SV650S with a bellypan. The bellypan I am particularly interested in is the Powerbronze one as I have seen pics on naked SV and it looks sweeet, but want to see on an S.

If anyone has some decent pics of a ‘curvy’ S with a bellypan (or the holey grail a Curvy with a powerbronze bellypan then I’d appreciate it posted on here or emailed directly!! ).

Thanks in advance
Old 28-12-05, 12:55 PM   #2
Jase22

Howdy

I know what you mean about the bike looking a little unfinished, so I fitted a Skidmarx belly pan to mine, which I personally think is one of the best belly pans. Here's a couple of pictures of her:

As you say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I personally think the Powerbronze one looks a bit naff.
Old 28-12-05, 04:25 PM   #3
BIG Al

Hmm nice shape to it but would look 100 times better with paint on it
Old 28-12-05, 04:27 PM   #4
Jase22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Al
Hmm nice shape to it but would look 100 times better with paint on it

We all have our own opinions, I prefer non-colour matched pans as I think colour matched looks tacky. I like the black thanks.
Old 29-12-05, 12:53 AM   #5
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase22
Howdy

I know what you mean about the bike looking a little unfinished, so I fitted a Skidmarx belly pan to mine, which I personally think is one of the best belly pans. Here's a couple of pictures of her:
-----

As you say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I personally think the Powerbronze one looks a bit naff.
Cool thanks

I see you have an undertray too, is that Skidmarx also?

Thanks for the response
Old 29-12-05, 09:31 AM   #6
Jase22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase22
Howdy

-----

Cool thanks

I see you have an undertray too, is that Skidmarx also?

Thanks for the response

My undertray is a Powerbronze one, I got a good deal on it at the NEC show. It's a decent fit, was fairly easy to fit (only needed to drill a few holes) and I think it looks well.
Old 29-12-05, 11:20 AM   #7
Stormspiel

I know it's not an 's' but it has the powerbronze bellypan fitted . To be honest i only bought it as it was the fairly cheap and i was skint , It's easy to mount and doesn't look too bad BUT the plastics VERY flexible... and it holds water at the front . I've seen Jase22's and it looks better and is more 'sealed' so if you've got the cash get the skidmarx one instead.

Edit: I'll take a better pic later as it was a bit dark last night when i took these.

As promised
Old 29-12-05, 11:24 AM   #8
Jase22

Nice wheels Luke!
Old 29-12-05, 05:57 PM   #9
Cloggsy

Here's my old pointy with a Poly26 pan on...

Old 29-12-05, 06:17 PM   #10
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I bet you wish you still had that old nail Cloggsy?

Even if it did need painting.