SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-03-05, 06:31 PM   #1
goldengraemes

Default vibe prob?

when i first got my 54plate sv650s there where no vibes through the handlebars or footpegs but recently i have noticed my left footpeg especially vibrating/buzzing a little bit at speeds of 65mph+ and i get a faint buz through the bars at motorway speeds also.i also have a scorpion pipe to.does anyone else have this im paranoid as my 400gsxr when i had it had a poorly crank before i got rid and the whole bike buzzed so i find myself analysing.
Old 30-03-05, 07:13 PM   #2
adam

hello mate, i also have a 54 K4 SVS from new.
Yer, same thing. First thou miles or so it was very quiet and smooth, now it does buzz vibrate etc particulary on the motorway or those sorta speeds. Took it too the dealer and they said its probably the cam chain making noise. Nothing to worry about and just a characteristic of a V twin.
I haven't noticed anymore though the bars tho :-/
Old 30-03-05, 08:15 PM   #3
goldengraemes

it is the footpegs that i have noticed mainly the left,ill take it up to my dealer and get them to test ride it see what they think its on warrenty anyway but nothing worse than being concious of ya footpegs buzzing