SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-10-20, 08:51 AM   #31
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Any builders

It won’t be sold as it’s attached to a historically important memorial chapel.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-20, 09:06 AM   #32
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Not much interest in an out of the way, recently refurbished house in the countryside !!! Just the opposite I would have thought. Who knows, might they even put it up for sale rather than rent it out. Perhaps Gary could put it around that it is a notorious hotspot for local doggers , that might put people off (or would it ?)
ps sorry for making a joke of it, I'm sure everybody hopes it turns out well.
Depends how out of the way it is. I feel not that many people relocate to rent a home unless work brings them there and renting a local house is a necessity (goat shepherd vacancies?). I could be picturing completely the wrong circumstances but I didn't picture someone seeing it for rent, upping sticks and moving there if there's little guarantee of local work. It would be someone from that locale and if they're pretty settled/not much movement (and know about Gary's penchant for bloody vengeance) he might be in luck.
Old 20-10-20, 06:07 PM   #33
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Indeed, anybody moving out here would be wanting to buy a house not rent one. There’s not much other than farming work, one bus a week, and the only broadband is the community wireless system set up and maintained by a friend and me. We’re 12 miles from the nearest supermarket and town of any size too.
Old 20-10-20, 06:25 PM   #34
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Indeed, anybody moving out here would be wanting to buy a house not rent one. There’s not much other than farming work, one bus a week, and the only broadband is the community wireless system set up and maintained by a friend and me. We’re 12 miles from the nearest supermarket and town of any size too.
Lots of places in North Yorkshire are at least 12 miles from the nearest town or supermarket but it doesn't stop people buying houses in the country. Just saying.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-20, 08:05 PM   #35
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Gary you might have it there, you have control of the wireless ... you could inject subliminal messages about how great you are or fakenews the Churchy Estates bloke.
Quote:
Lots of places in North Yorkshire are at least 12 miles from the nearest town or supermarket but it doesn't stop people buying houses in the country. Just saying.
Is facepalm still a thing?
Old 20-10-20, 08:45 PM   #36
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
It won’t be sold as it’s attached to a historically important memorial chapel.
Quote:
We’re talking about a house which is being and will continue to be rented out.
Old 21-10-20, 02:53 PM   #37
svenrico

Quote:
We’re talking about a house which is being and will continue to be rented out.
yes, ok , you obviously know more about the situation , I just wondered why the dwelling couldn't be sold , couldn't they sell the house without selling the chapel ? I know chapels that have been converted to houses ! I can see the internet thing could be a problem.
Old 21-10-20, 02:55 PM   #38
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Gary you might have it there, you have control of the wireless ... you could inject subliminal messages about how great you are or fakenews the Churchy Estates bloke.

Is facepalm still a thing?
Don't know, never really understood a lot of these internet expressions. What is your point exactly ?
Old 21-10-20, 03:58 PM   #39
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Don't know, never really understood a lot of these internet expressions. What is your point exactly ?
Because Gary & I repeatedly said renting and your reply said buying (did bold that but it may have been lost).
Gary's had some assurance they aren't selling it and it's not been their MO for the past 25+ years so it doesn't make sense to fret too much about that particular hypothetical.
Old 21-10-20, 04:08 PM   #40
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Because Gary & I repeatedly said renting and your reply said buying (did bold that but it may have been lost).
Gary's had some assurance they aren't selling it and it's not been their MO for the past 25+ years so it doesn't make sense to fret too much about that particular hypothetical.
ok, I wasn't aware there had been any assurance about not selling. As far as being rented for years, my parents rented out some furnished cottages for years but eventually sold them ! Anyway it wasn't my intention to make anybody fret and I get the message so I'll shut up.
Peace and goodwill to all.