SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 25-07-07, 06:02 PM   #1
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default Jorge Lorenzo signs for Yamaha MotoGP debut

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...formotogpmove/

Been on the cards for a while, your thoughts please?
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-07, 10:44 AM   #2
Pedrosa

Default Re: Jorge Lorenzo signs for Yamaha MotoGP debut

Jorge will ride in a 1 bike squad with full factory support in 2008 and perhaps with Fortuna sponsorship. He will cut his teeth just like Casey did in his debut season.

Valentino wants Colin to stay on baord for now,(some say due to his development skills...but others suggest it helps delay from writing his novel about life in Moto GTP which no doubt will include revelations about questionable boy on boy activities in the motorhome!)

Jorge is a very talented and nice kid, but Yamaha best hope they find mkore speed from their bike next year as the young Spaniard will be throwing spanners around the place! Max Biaggia will appear like the model of diplomacy in comparison! Mark my words!
Old 09-08-07, 12:06 PM   #3
Pedrosa

Surprising development...Jorge will team up with Rossi in the main Fiat Yamaha Team,(something Rossi has tried to block previously) The politics backed by Fiat having a good sales market here in Spain which can only be boosted by having a Spanish rider in their ranks.

According to "MARCA" Colin Edwards who has indicated his desire to stay with the main team and had hoped a 3rd bike might be provided, but will move sideways to the Tech 3 team. Thus move I believe will be fantastic for JT. A leading competitior as a rteam mate who he has the beating of plus the benfit of Colin's undoibted development skills and feedback.

Latest news also is that kawasaki have made an offer to Carlos Checa for 2008.
Old 09-08-07, 12:17 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

That is surprising, I recall Rossi being pretty vocal that he didnt want to share a garage with Jorge, wander if we'll see some sparks fly and ego's being stretched ?

I don't personally think Colin has not done enough this year to warrant a factory ride, it will be good for JT though to learn from him.

Surprised Michellin are letting Edwards go though if the rumours of Tech 3 running Bridgestone's are correct that is.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 08:04 PM   #5
muzikill
Mega Poster

Rossi's probably had to take a bit of a back seat negotiating wise due to his lacklustre performance this year, jorge's being groomed as the next big thing which is incredible given the fact that pedrosa and stoner only came into the gp a couple of seasons ago so they should be worried!

Let's see if JT can wipe rossi's ass next season or two and if so it will be time enough for rossi to bow out like he said. The young blood is taking over and we may see a few 'old' timers (not really that old tho are they??) move over to wsb.

WSB goes from strength to strength and may have truly found it's niche by catering for the more refined rider and i can see a strong shift in viewing figures going towards wsb, this year was a big learning curve for me by getting into wsb and i can truly say that wsb kicks ass more than the gp in so many ways.
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote