SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-03-22, 05:15 PM   #10521
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

can rattlers making money out of other peoples misery.....................
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-22, 08:38 PM   #10522
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
eBay - I had someone try and pull a fast one on some Motorcycle panniers i sold in February. They entered a claim with ebay last week claiming not to recognise the transaction (submitted through their payment provider).
Bear in mind they bought this a month previous, and cost was £310 - not something you'd forget or easily miss.

Luckily for me, i always send anything valuable on an insured & fully tracked service with DHL (who also take a photo of the delivery location, even if not delivered). I also take a photo of the goods, in the box, and packaged and the label attached to it.
As the dispute asked for the tracking number (even though i already did on the order tracking) they denied my claim and sided with the buyer!

Unfortunately online you cannot submit evidence/a story with ebay, but thankfully you can call them! and their operatives are very responsive to a call back request.
i managed to speak to someone who was very helpful and helped to object to the decision, using all the information from the tracking page show when & where it was delivered. This was successful and they won't be charging me the refund with no goods to show for it . . . .

Tip of the day - cover your ass and track everything you sell online!
Presume you will give this purchaser a bad review !
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 09:34 AM   #10523
DJ123
Mega Poster

unfortunately you can no longer leave bad reviews on eBay . . . . !

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 10:09 AM   #10524
redtrummy

Just forwarded DJs message to the lad who works for an internet based company - says false claims are about one a day. Amazon have just refunded a £2000 laptop and now they will have a job to get the money back. Its only a 4 person company so not large
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 10:50 AM   #10525
rowdy

Theiving scrotes. Got in my van and door open warning light on.checked and back door left ajar.
Bosch sds drill gone. They must have been disturbed or just grabbed what they thought was worth something. Ironically there was a brand new jcb sds drill next to it that wasn’t taken and actually worth more but the Bosch had all the sds bits in it which is quite annoying.
Just glad they didn’t take the snap on ratchet set that was under a load of dust sheets!
No damage to the lock, I’d been to the van that night and think it mustn’t have locked properly when I pressed the fob.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 01:18 PM   #10526
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
Just forwarded DJs message to the lad who works for an internet based company - says false claims are about one a day. Amazon have just refunded a £2000 laptop and now they will have a job to get the money back. Its only a 4 person company so not large
These days they're too quick to make a decision based off very little 'evidence'. I mean companies like eBay & Amazon are big enough to absorb cases like these they cause.
But when they try going after the sellers for the money based off something they're not able to defend against/claim against it's ridiculous. Their decision should be made of evidence supplier by the seller to counter the claim of any issues raised, or the courier if it's a delivery issue.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-22, 08:54 PM   #10527
EssEllTwo

Decided that as it's predicted to be nice and sunny this weekend, I'll set my TPS to see if it cures the horrendous dead spot between off and on throttle.

Took the seat off to look for the tank stay that the manuals states is under there. Nada. Guess I'll be ferreting around the workshop for some 2x4 instead.
EssEllTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-22, 10:20 PM   #10528
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssEllTwo View Post
Decided that as it's predicted to be nice and sunny this weekend, I'll set my TPS to see if it cures the horrendous dead spot between off and on throttle.
Took the seat off to look for the tank stay that the manuals states is under there. Nada. Guess I'll be ferreting around the workshop for some 2x4 instead.
On ride by wire bikes I have had a road test on I found a dead spot between off and on throttle a thing I didn't like and something I don't experience on cable operated throttles.
Old 19-03-22, 10:28 PM   #10529
svenrico

Talk of 'negotiations ' between Russia and Ukraine. Putin doesn't negotiate, he just insists Ukraine comply with all his demands ,that isn't negotiating, it's blackmail. And even if Ukraine did agree something with Russia who could trust Putin to stand by his word. The Russians are unbelievable liars, turning everything on its head to make it appear they are the victims.
Old 20-03-22, 10:28 AM   #10530
embee
Mega Poster

Johnson.