SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-09-10, 06:41 AM   #1
tom-k6

Default F%&*&$g CYCLISTS!!! ARRGGGHHH!!!

walking my girlfried to the bus stop at 7:20am, we have to walk up this alleyway and out onto Lickey Road where the bus stop is. so we are chatting, laughing, as you do, we reach the end of the alleyway and this W4&*ER of a cyclist who was riding on the footpath at a stupid speed just plowed right into me and my girlfriend , i shouted at him rather loudly and he just got on his bike and rushed off, i tried to chase after him but im not as fit as i used to be.

got to say that if i do see him while im on my bike and he is up my inside while im indicating, i might have to smidsy him to see how he likes something bigger and heavier plowing into him first thing in the morning.

anyone else have this problem??

he's a middle aged bald guy on a black bicycle, anyone see him around Lickey Road/Bristol Road South area, let me know.
Old 03-09-10, 06:45 AM   #2
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Re: F%&*&$g CYCLISTS!!! ARRGGGHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-k6 View Post
Driving my girlfried to the bus stop at 7:20am, we have to travel up this minor road and out onto Lickey Road where the bus stop is. so we are chatting, laughing, not paying attention as you do, we reach the end of the road and this W4&*ER of a motorcyclist who was riding on the main road at a stupid speed just plowed right into me and my girlfriend while I was turning, i shouted at him rather loudly and he just got on his bike and rode off, i tried to chase after him but we hit traffic.
Sounds like you need to watch where you're walking...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 06:49 AM   #3
tom-k6

im confused on alot of levels with the quote haha, but my real argument is, what is it with, most likely, the minority of cyclists who decide its their RIGHT to ride on pavements, then in road, to go through red lights, to hit people and not even stop to say sorry or ask if your alrite, to flie through pedestrian crossings weaving through people and then moan that it is dangerous on the roads for them.
Old 03-09-10, 07:01 AM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-k6 View Post
im confused on alot of levels with the quote haha, but my real argument is, what is it with, most likely, the minority of cyclists who decide its their RIGHT to ride on pavements, then in road, to go through red lights, to hit people and not even stop to say sorry or ask if your alrite, to flie through pedestrian crossings weaving through people and then moan that it is dangerous on the roads for them.
Like the minority of motorcyclists who decide it's their right to cross double whites, then ride on the wrong side round corners, to push their way to the front of traffic lights, clip wing mirrors and not even stop to say sorry or fix the damage, to speed through villages weaving in and out of traffic and then moan how dangerous it is to be on the road for them?

You get ******s in all modes of transport, just be thankful the one you met today was on a push bike and not driving an artic
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 07:09 AM   #5
lily

I would say it was my hubby Drew? But he isn't middle aged or bald, and it's also the wrong side of Birmingham for him cycling in!

I hop on and off the pavements when I have cycled into Brum! Have you seen how some of the nutters drive!
Old 03-09-10, 07:09 AM   #6
Viney
Mega Poster

You were laughing at 7.20am. Bad night in bed last night
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 07:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
Like the minority of motorcyclists who decide it's their right to cross double whites, then ride on the wrong side round corners, to push their way to the front of traffic lights, clip wing mirrors and not even stop to say sorry or fix the damage, to speed through villages weaving in and out of traffic and then moan how dangerous it is to be on the road for them?

You get ******s in all modes of transport, just be thankful the one you met today was on a push bike and not driving an artic
pmsl.. brill
Old 03-09-10, 07:45 AM   #8
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
You were laughing at 7.20am.
Waking the neighbours at with laughter at 7:20am? Very antisocial

I'm with TLW - bad eggs in all transport modes. Maybe he's learnt a lesson.
Old 03-09-10, 07:56 AM   #9
tigersaw
Mega Poster

I assume you are injured? You have told the police about the cyclist not stopping at the scene of an accident?
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 08:40 AM   #10
Owenski

so...
go out to the bus stop again on Monday, go 5mins earlier and with a broom. See if he's on the path again when he comes past at 7.20 no doubt. If he is then introduce mr broom to mr spokes then politly ask him while he's laid on the floor if he'll be riding on the pavement on Tuesday still.
Then if he's a big feller run like feck, cos I suspect he'll be annoyed.