SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-04-08, 05:30 PM   #1
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Default An Open Letter to...

To any lurkers, newbies, those having a quick peak and those recently released from the home for the bewildered…

This forum is not normally like this, WE ARE NORMALLY MUCH FRIENDLIER

I’ll try to explain…

Since I have known this place (several years) it has been like no other bike forum I’ve found. It has intelligence and wit in an abundance I can’t see anywhere else. The wealth of technical knowledge is unmatched. It has opinionated and erudite members who are not afraid to express their opinions but who also give the time and respect to those whose opinions differ. It has people who will start a wind up with such a straight face and keep it going for so long that you begin to check your own take on reality.

It has people who post with extreme right wing and left wing views which can lead to some strong debate, but debate it remains. It has the woolly leftie, knit your own yoghurt types as well as the hang and flog the outsiders type and we all seems to rub along together really.

I’ve heard on many another bike forums about keyboard warriors and stuff but every single time I’ve met anyone from here they have been truly lovely people. Even the minor scuffles about the organisation of this years’ Annual Rideout have been sorted out and reconciled.

As a group we have gone through some times of upheaval and change recently. Many new members have been warmly welcomed into the fold and we have had the tragedy of a young and valued friend being taken from us.

But we are still the .orgers – a mixed and wonderful bunch. Don’t take the last few days as typical of what we all are. Don’t be put off. Most of us just want to hug you all

I know I've left stuff out. Feel free to add what you need to
Old 14-04-08, 05:32 PM   #2
MR UKI (1)

Default Re: An Open Letter to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
To any lurkers, newbies, those having a quick peak and those recently released from the home for the bewildered?

I?ll try to explain?

Since I have known this place (several years) it has been like no other bike forum I?ve found. It has intelligence and wit in an abundance I can?t see anywhere else. The wealth of technical knowledge is unmatched. It has opinionated and erudite members who are not afraid to express their opinions but who also give the time and respect to those whose opinions differ. It has people who will start a wind up with such a straight face and keep it going for so long that you begin to check your own take on reality.

It has people who post with extreme right wing and left wing views which can lead to some strong debate, but debate it remains. It has the woolly leftie, knit your own yoghurt types as well as the hang and flog the outsiders type and we all seems to rub along together really.

I?ve heard on many another bike forums about keyboard warriors and stuff but every single time I?ve met anyone from here they have been truly lovely people. Even the minor scuffles about the organisation of this years? Annual Rideout have been sorted out and reconciled.

As a group we have gone through some times of upheaval and change recently. Many new members have been warmly welcomed into the fold and we have had the tragedy of a young and valued friend being taken from us.

But we are still the .orgers ? a mixed and wonderful bunch. Don?t take the last few days as typical of what we all are. Don?t be put off. Most of us just want to hug you all

+1. Excellent post
Old 14-04-08, 05:35 PM   #3
MiniMatt

Bless you

The most deserved +2 I've ever posted
Old 14-04-08, 05:44 PM   #4
chris8886
Mega Poster

another post to add......

HERE, HERE to!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-08, 05:53 PM   #5
gettin2dizzy

It's all a bit wet for me
Old 14-04-08, 06:06 PM   #6
Alpinestarhero

She's lying. Once we find out where you live, we come and play knock-down-ginger on you all night long

mwahahahahha

Na, I think actualy this is a great community. We should buy out a village and all live there, call it .orgington or something
Old 14-04-08, 06:10 PM   #7
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
She's lying. Once we find out where you live, we come and play knock-down-ginger on you all night long

mwahahahahha

Na, I think actualy this is a great community. We should buy out a village and all live there, call it .orgington or something

Sssshhhhh I was trying to keep that bit quiet. Don't want to put anyone off!
Old 14-04-08, 06:21 PM   #8
arenalife

I thought it was the same as usual to be honest, it's always a bit narky.
Old 14-04-08, 06:26 PM   #9
Devil Biccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
Like can we live in a big castle with our own Moat and garages kitted out with Snap on tools and garage wenchers ( for the female Orgers) and Wenches to mop our brows and make the teas/coffees???? hhhmmmm can we please can we........
Old 14-04-08, 06:32 PM   #10
sv-robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
To any lurkers, newbies, those having a quick peak and those recently released from the home for the bewildered…

I’ll try to explain…

Since I have known this place (several years) it has been like no other bike forum I’ve found. It has intelligence and wit in an abundance I can’t see anywhere else. The wealth of technical knowledge is unmatched. It has opinionated and erudite members who are not afraid to express their opinions but who also give the time and respect to those whose opinions differ. It has people who will start a wind up with such a straight face and keep it going for so long that you begin to check your own take on reality.

I’ve heard on many another bike forums about keyboard warriors and stuff but every single time I’ve met anyone from here they have been truly lovely people. Even the minor scuffles about the organisation of this years’ Annual Rideout have been sorted out and reconciled.

But we are still the .orgers – a mixed and wonderful bunch. Don’t take the last few days as typical of what we all are. Don’t be put off. Most of us just want to hug you all

Have a gold star that man...well said