SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 04-05-06, 08:42 PM   #1
jimmy4237

Default Glasgow - Stolen Bike X448 MSP - Now Recovered!!!!

My mate had his new toy stolen as he nipped into his work to grab his rucksack today.

He parked his bike in a private driveway, went into his work for 30 seconds, looked round and here's 12 13-17 year olds lifting his bike, and walking off with it. Last seen in the Glasgow Bishopbriggs area. It's probably the local youth gang bored. The police did he-haw as per usual...... told him to claim his insurance, don't worry about it

It's a mint green and black 2000 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja. You can see a photo of it by going to www.cupar.co.uk, and searching the used bike section.

He only had that bike one week......

My mate and his boss managed to chase them into a side street where they were threatened with a gun, a baseball bat and a couple of knives..

Don't leave your valuables get out of your sight......
Old 04-05-06, 09:24 PM   #2
Beaniebike

God, how scarey.
Old 04-05-06, 09:27 PM   #3
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Re: Glasgow - Stolen Bike X448 MSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy4237

My mate and his boss managed to chase them into a side street where they were threatened with a gun, a baseball bat and a couple of knives..

And the feds wern't interested in that? Mention gun round here (surry/sussex) and the chopper is out.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 12:32 AM   #4
l3xus01

that is pretty shockin..... these wee b*****ds deserve a right goin over.... spend yer hard earned buddah an some wee a***holes do that....and u wont see the police for dust but the first wee plate they see they do u for... MAKES MA BLOOD BOIL!!!! hope yer mates alright...
Old 05-05-06, 02:14 AM   #5
SVTONYB

Sorry to hear about your mate jimmy he must be gutted. Did he leave the keys in the bike or did he just not lock the steering.
Old 05-05-06, 08:37 AM   #6
quikstu

Default Re: Glasgow - Stolen Bike X448 MSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy4237
and here's 12 13-17 year olds lifting his bike, and walking off with it.

threatened with a gun, a baseball bat and a couple of knives..
Lifting the bike? Did they walk down the street with it or put it in the back of a van?

Threatened wi a gun, b ball bat & a knife, and the polis weren't interested!!!!!
So this was a Robbery & your telling me the feds weren't interested!!!!!!

Hate to disagree.
Old 05-05-06, 09:41 AM   #7
Quedos

What area of Bishopbriggs. - Work there and know a few of the neds about. I've told the guys - in office today - their keeping an eye out for it. Know a few places where stolen goods are kept low.
I'll try and get a word with the local community cops.
If we can get descriptions and area we maybe able to help

But still - little s****s.

Abs
Old 05-05-06, 10:38 AM   #8
Razor

Shooting would be too good for those little scrotes.
Old 05-05-06, 04:47 PM   #9
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Here was me thinking they were posh in Bishy...

What a freeking nightmare...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 07:38 PM   #10
jimmy4237

He had the keys at all times, plus the steering lock was on. The thieving b******s just lifted the front end of the bike, put it into neutral, and started running - no van was used.

A mate was on the phone to the cops at the time it was being wheeled away - all the cops wanted to know was his name, address and phone number No interest in sending out a patrol car - the the local coppers (male and female) two female officers came (eventually), and even they admitted they were scared to confront the thieving gits, but they knew who they were

Too afraid to get knifed themselves...

Me any my mates reckon its the kids from the local council high rise flats in Milton.
(There's a lane that allows the school kids to get from Milton to Bishopbriggs). That area is also well known for all the burnt out stolen cars.
Most of the kids there have convictions for stealing cars, burglary, etc anyway, so another conviction for stealing a bike will just add to their status, and they're not giving a **** for other people's property. They probably live in poverty anyway, and just get jealous when they see something nice...

Hang the lot of them - get a job, and see what it's like to work for something they want... then see another limey git steal it.