SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-05-07, 07:06 PM   #1
Spider

Default Recovered bike!

As you`s might remember about 6 weeks back my brother had his 70,000 GSX-F stolen, well i got a call today from the boys in blue, they found it it was round the back of some flats not very far away (just off of Kingshill ave). It`s a bit battered, fairing badly damaged, all four indicators smashed, both mirrors broken, ignition barrel missing, so not to bad. Strangely they took the battery but left the tax disc?? So i`m off to my garage to do some fixing, at the moment i have my brothers 4, yes 4, broken bikes in there, surely i can piece them all together and make 1 that works it`ll be a GSX-F/bandit/GPX/chopper hybrid, should look interesting
Old 18-05-07, 07:58 PM   #2
Nostrils

Default Re: Recovered bike!

Sounds like it was either near Down Way, Adelphi or the Greenway (firefly) - Shame you cannot get your hands on the barstewards for total satisfaction!! Barnhill had a spate of bike thefts last summer, most ended up burnt out in one or other local fields...I was once about 10 second away from ramming a scrambler flying out of the larch fields, across Yeading Lane and into the Greenway beside the Industry. Move away from the area now!
Old 18-05-07, 11:52 PM   #3
Spider

i`ve heard there`s a couple different groups going nicking bikes. The bike was stolen from college way, off of coldhabour lane and i live no where near there thankfully. So Nostrils where abouts are you and what you riding?
Old 19-05-07, 04:16 PM   #4
Nostrils

I am a novice rider of less than a year, still on my CBR125RR - I am in Yeading at the moment, but the bike is at kept at my brothers in Ligh****er - The security is better there and the roads are really good too - When I do ride back home, you need eyes in the back of your head once you reach Cranford!!