SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 27-06-11, 08:17 AM   #3341
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
I personally thought it wasn't as well structured as something done by the fine EAR people, and the "main pack" went off on a rampage which considering the ride out was for newbies seemed a bit selfish.....

To be fair though there were markers on corners where people dropped back, even did the marker bit myself, but it was just too fast paced for my liking to be honest. There were points where I was doing obscene speeds to try and catch up from the back to no avail....and I know I shouldn't try to keep up when outside my comfort zone and didn't for the most part but you can't help but get sucked into it all....

I definitely prefer a smaller group and a less manic one too....I wasn't on a track day, I was out for a ride in the sunshine on public roads.....
Having done 2 of the AR rideouts, I know how much organising must go into planning a mass rideout, so if your rideout wasn't as well structured as one of our little EAR rideouts its going to be chaos and not much fun

Even on the AR rideouts, you always get the ones who want to ride real fast, but at least the marking is well done, so those like me who don't want to ride like Stoner on the road don't get left behind.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-11, 08:19 AM   #3342
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
I stopped off at my brothers and found him mid-argument with his wife, she had him mowing the lawn in the full sun, he's either totally bonkers or well under the thumb to be agreeing to that!!!
I must be bonkers as well, as I was doing some riverbank clearing yesterday in the hot sun. My own choice too, bonkers, barking mad, sandwich short of a pinic
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-11, 08:21 AM   #3343
Skip
Mega Poster

If I lead this upcoming rideout my bike wont be going above 80mph at any point - I do like its inability to go fast in a straight line though - makes it a challenge
Old 27-06-11, 04:41 PM   #3344
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

I doubt I'll be going on another EoEB ride, maybe I'll venture to Heydon now and again on a Friday and see some of them but no more proper ride outs with the nutters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
If I lead this upcoming rideout my bike wont be going above 80mph at any point - I do like its inability to go fast in a straight line though - makes it a challenge
If there is any chance of being a marker I'll be up for it, not that there'll be much need anyway with the numbers Less is more in this case for sure...

Is there a nice place to have a good sit down together and a nice meal? Not greasy spoon but decent pub food maybe? If it's scorching a nice stop to strip off and cool down will be very appealing

Triumph and Suzuki owner

Last edited by kaivalagi; 27-06-11 at 04:43 PM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-11, 05:11 PM   #3345
BigBaddad

I like riding in groups of one, still a large gathering
Old 27-06-11, 05:22 PM   #3346
kellyjo

However hard I look for the markers coming up from behind on the AR rides, theres always one who scares the cr@p out of me!!

I think our EAR rides are a pleasant group size, and the 2nd man drop off has always worked well.

As for pubs... i'll have a think and find one mid route. At least then I can ring and pre-book the RAC
Old 27-06-11, 05:55 PM   #3347
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
I think our EAR rides are a pleasant group size, and the 2nd man drop off has always worked well.
This - as long as people remember to stop in a visible spot it works well
Old 01-07-11, 07:27 PM   #3348
kellyjo

I rode out in jeans for the first time this week (i know, naughty naughty!) and it felt great, so I went over to Webbs at Eye to try out some Kevlar jeans but it would appear they only make them for scrawny stick insects, even in the larger sizes there definitely wasnt room to squeeze any girlie curvy bits in.
Ive ordered some off ebay that appear to have more realistic measurements but I bet they'll end up being returned

Whilst there I got 'approached' by a woman who apparently runs the East Anglia branch of a girlie bike group called 'curvy riders' who asked if id be interested in getting involved in rideouts and their forum. I said yes and registered but somehow riding with a group of girls doesnt hold the same appeal. Besides the fact that you boys are obviously all so damn sexy, girls always just end up bitching, but i'll give it a try....
Old 01-07-11, 09:01 PM   #3349
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Quote:
...somehow riding with a group of girls doesnt hold the same appeal. Besides the fact that you boys are obviously all so damn sexy, girls always just end up bitching, but i'll give it a try....
Do they allow male riders to join their ride outs or are they all "men must die" feminists? Might be an idea to join up on a EAR rideout...assuming they're not all WI cake baking jam making eccentrics.......I am sure they're all perfectly normal

Triumph and Suzuki owner

Last edited by kaivalagi; 01-07-11 at 09:02 PM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 09:31 PM   #3350
paddy t

nothing wrong with cake bakers if they bring some