SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-01-12, 03:36 PM   #1
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Big up Scottoiler

It's not often that people big up companies, so thought I would.
I've bought a 2nd hand Scottoiler off Ebay to fit on the Triumph. Unfortunately Triumph have a special adaptor that has to be fitted to make said oiler work. I went on the Scottoiler website, who show it as an FOC part. I ordered one thinking that they wouldn't send it because I hadn't ordered anything else, but, 1st class post arrived next day completely free. Many thanks Scottoiler.

Just need to fit it this weekend. Not looking forward to it, but needs must
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-12, 04:18 PM   #2
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Big up Scottoiler

They have always been a good company. I had an original Mk1 kit on my 250 back in the mists of time and when it broke I asked their advice on fixing it. They were so keen to keep me happy, and interested in seeing how well it had stood up to use, that they sent me a replacement Mk2 unit and a box so I could send back the old one.
Old 26-01-12, 09:56 PM   #3
rictus01
Mega Poster

Colin I've had two of those adaptors from them over the years and they were both free and promptly delivered, always had wonderful customer service, a model for others to follow.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-12, 10:58 PM   #4
Urbanfireblade

Nice to see a company making that extra effort for its customers, they've got a top product, good luck to them for the future i say. BTW, i've got one i just need to fit
Old 26-01-12, 11:27 PM   #5
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
Colin I've had two of those adaptors from them over the years and they were both free and promptly delivered, always had wonderful customer service, a model for others to follow.

Cheers Mark.
A big +1 on that.

I've been fitting Scottoilers to all manner of bikes for years and whenever I've needed advice they've been quick to give it. Their customer service is second to none and any parts required have always arrived on the earliest first class post delivery. One year at the BMF they even exchanged a Mk7 metering unit I'd bought from Gericke only to discover that some muppet had swapped the one in the box for a demo unit with non-functioning innards. No quibbling, no hassle, they just got a new unit from a box and handed it over.
Old 27-01-12, 07:01 AM   #6
mister c
Mega Poster

Wouldn't it be nice if all companies were like this? It makes a refrehing change
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 07:48 AM   #7
kwak zzr

scorpion are another company that treat you well
Old 02-02-12, 10:52 PM   #8
mep

I transplanted my scottoiler to my SV and they sent the vacumm pipe connector that sits in the carb tube for free and then called me up a few days later to say they had sent the wrong part and it wouldn't fit as it was the wrong diameter (too large) and the correct part would be with me shortly, which it was. Luckily for me I had'nt fitted it or I would have cut the tube and been left with it in 2 pieces!
mep is offline   Reply With Quote