SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-07-15, 06:34 AM   #51
leebex

Default Re: Datatool alarm removal

Thankyou for your reply bibio, I'll take off the tank and see where theres black brown wires go, I did wonder why my haynes wiring diagram didnt match to the bike loom. Would make life much easier if I had my sv still to compare to lol.

Theres a couple of badly crimped and taped connections to colours that dont look standard either near the rear come to think of it.
Old 23-07-15, 09:26 AM   #52
shiftin_gear98

Leebex, Have a look at page 4 of this - http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=210768&page=5
Trace all the wires back, and make sure you have bridged the two wires circled.
Old 23-07-15, 09:34 AM   #53
shiftin_gear98

I may be wrong as it was awhile ago, but the Black-Brown wires are the wires that lead up to the factory Alarm Connector block (top left of diagram - mine were this colour too). Yours looks like its been cut out and replaced. The only wires that are important once the alarm is off are the Orange-White going to the Ignition HT Coil and the Orange-Green going to the Mode Selector. When an alarm is not fitted the connector block must have a mating part that bridges these two. When the alarm is fitted it bridges these internally. You now need to re connect them. All the other Black-Brown wires do sweet FA. Good Luck

Oh and the dodgy connections with a crimp and tape are Suzuki factory spec....

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 23-07-15 at 09:36 AM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-15, 09:10 PM   #54
leebex

one of those so called dodgy connections was my problem in the end. I had no fuel pump, connected one of those black with brown tracer wires to the orange with ? tracer and it fired up and ran as it should.

Soooo pleased. just got to tidy it all up tomorrow and refit the rear bodywork.

Thankyou for the replies for my cries of help lol .
Old 24-07-15, 06:34 AM   #55
shiftin_gear98

Glad you got if fixed, I remember stressing quite a lot at the time that my bike would never run again what with me hacking away at it.
Sodding alarms. Enjoy the freedom of it not bleeping at you when you look at it.