SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-01-08, 10:18 PM   #1

Default that childish "but i dont want to go feeling"

everyone likes holidays... everyone likes time of work,

However, this year i extended my christmas holiday, so i didnt have to go back untill monday because i really really really didnt want to go back, like i would do anything to not go back...i got that dread feeling like I did when i was a child having to go back to school from sixth week holiday.

But I like to work hard, I like to do well, but I have finally relised how much i HATE where i am working now... Like serioulsy hate it...

"new years res" Find another new Job......

Bugger, it was supposed to be such a good move....

we live we learn....
Old 05-01-08, 10:23 PM   #2
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: that childish "but i dont want to go feeling"

I got that feeling on Wednesday night and couldn't get to sleep till half 5. Went back to work on Thursday
I hate my work too, they're all a bunch of *****s
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 12:57 AM   #3
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post

However, this year i extended my christmas holiday, so i didnt have to go back untill monday because i really really really didnt want to go back, like i would do anything to not go back...i got that dread feeling like I did when i was a child having to go back to school from sixth week holiday.

But I like to work hard, I like to do well, but I have finally relised how much i HATE where i am working now... Like serioulsy hate it...

we live we learn....
Good luck finding a new job, hopefully you will get one your into....I have had a few awesome jobs I loved but even with jobs like that there is a negative. I now where I am going its just a matter of time and hard work! Hopefully I will make it(yeah I work some *******s as well, would let them near with a barge pole outside work)
Old 06-01-08, 12:06 PM   #4
kitkat

i think its a new year thing. i have never stayed in a job for more than 5 years and am now considering what I could do next - looking into nursing (anyone that knows me will laugh at that as im not exactly a kind person)

it was new years eve a few years ago that I told my husband I wanted a divorce
new years eve that I decided to sell my house

most of my big decisions happen then.

good luck with new job hunt
Old 06-01-08, 12:15 PM   #5
Tara

def a New Year thing i didn't want to go back on Thursday and found on Wednesday Night i was already compiling a to do list which isn't good and by thursday night i was as stressed out as much i was before christmas.

Book a holiday works for me

Seriously good luck with job huntings

Kitkat try counselling
Old 06-01-08, 12:50 PM   #6
MeridiaNx

I know exactly what you mean - on both the school thing and the work thing! Used to go to boarding school, so the very occasional weekend when I got to go home made me almost sick with dread of having to go back again.

And I've done the same as you, took Wednesday to Friday off so that my Christmas holiday was extended by 5 days when you include the weekend. So I'm back tomorrow, except the really annoying thing is that I've let myself get into a bad sleeping pattern of staying up to watch films. Only just woke up today, but tomorrow I've got to be up 6 hours earlier @ 6.15am. Not looking forward to it!
Old 06-01-08, 01:53 PM   #7
sv-robo

Quote:

we live we learn....
yeah agree with everything you,ve said...the last place i worked at for 8/9 yrs the boss was a total w****r.i,d never met anyone so arrogant/ignorant/tightfisted or untrustworthy ever.nothing was ever appreciated,it was only a small family run business(his wife was just as bad)& only around 10 of us woked there so it should,nt have been hard to express a bit of appreciation now & again as we worked like dogs & made him a mint every week.

it got to the stage (like yourself) that i would dread going in everyday,i didnt have a good relationship with the boss(nobody did)but it seemed i was the only one which would stand up to him.

this in term made me look a trouble maker,things had been bubbling for a long time until one morning it all kicked off.without boring you with details i was unfairly dismissed(bad mistake on his part)as my long term g/f is a soliciter.

it all ended up going to a tribunal(a very stressful 6 months from start to finish)but in the end i won hands down & was paid out a nice few grand,a case of he who laughs last laughs loudest.

you may be thinking why did he stick it uot so long?the answer is i have a mortgage,2 young sons and believe or not i did,nt actually mind the job spraying/laquering wooden furniture and it was just a walk down the road for me.

the compo that i won more than helped tide us over til i could find another job & tomorrow i start my 1st day in my new job,its better pay,& still in my home town so still no traveling.

regarding the tribunal,if any of you find yourself in this position iSTRONGLY advise that you have a good soliciter and a rock solid case as it is a very stressful time.also if you have some legal expenses insurance which is usuelly included with buildings/contents policies then this is a god send and all your legal fee,s will be paid for you.i,m glad mine were as it came to £12000 in total which was more than i won so if i,d paid myself,then win or lose i would have still been well out of pocket.

anyways gonna chill out in front of the tv & watch the footy ready to start work again tomorrow.

new year/new job....good look everybody finding yours.

robo
Old 06-01-08, 06:38 PM   #8
Fizzy Fish

Quote:

we live we learn....
Don't be too hard on yourself, it happens to all of us at some point...the main thing is to figure out what it is exactly that you don't like so you can avoid it in future. Good luck btw!

Oh, and Tara's suggestion of booking more holiday to ease the transition back is a good one! I'm looking at a trail bike w/e in spain
Old 06-01-08, 08:57 PM   #9
2mths

Another one who had nerves. I was 'only' awake till about 02:30 Tues night in for 08:15. Same again Weds night and slighly better (01:00ish) Thurs night. Bloody tired I was.

Am suffering a case of New Year blues now. Up to Xmas something to look forward to and I'd been in good shape for ~8 weeks. Now I just want to bing eat, can't sleep and can barely be rrrsed at work (and I quite like my job).

The suggestion of booking a holiday is interesting. I'm not really a holiday person but I think having something to look forward to or work towards is a good idea.
Old 06-01-08, 09:06 PM   #10
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Every Monday morning I get that 'I don't want to go to work' feeling. It's not even that I don't like my job really, just get bored to tears sometimes when there's nothing much going on. I do sometimes think about looking for another job, but then I remind myself that I am pretty much a law unto myself at work, and I probably wouldn't get that anywhere else.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote