SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-04-10, 09:52 PM   #501
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Absolute can of worms, I'd certainly have a go at challenging any measurement in court if it was me.
Only legislation I can find states 25kw net power. I'd argue the chain would dissipate a couple of bhp.

In fact I'd argue anything, including the pigs blood I use to seat the beads of tyre has an effect and there's no way they could prove otherwise.
Old 29-04-10, 10:04 PM   #502
Speedy
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Only legislation I can find states 25kw net power. I'd argue the chain would dissipate a couple of bhp.

In fact I'd argue anything, including the pigs blood I use to seat the beads of tyre has an effect and there's no way they could prove otherwise.
When you say "pigs blood"..........?
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-10, 10:06 PM   #503
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Sure, when tyre is actually in contact with tarmac it actually absorbs up to 55bhp. Surrrre the dyno said it made 100bhp at the crank, it's different on tarmac. Oh, I'm sorry your honour would the prosecution care to produce a peer-reviewed scientific publication disproving pigs blood as a power dissipator when used as a bead sealant? No?

Beyond reasonable doubt. No way can they do that by taking it to guy down the road with a dynojet setup or whatever.
Old 29-04-10, 10:11 PM   #504
Speedy
Mega Poster

I was thinking more along the lines of "oink-oink" Pigs blood, or did you mean, the other type of bacon?? Haha!!
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-10, 06:45 AM   #505
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of "oink-oink" Pigs blood, or did you mean, the other type of bacon?? Haha!!
I hope not cos that would be a bit rude considering the amount of us on here who have tried to be helpful wiht this.
Old 30-04-10, 07:51 AM   #506
paiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
I hope not cos that would be a bit rude considering the amount of us on here who have tried to be helpful wiht this.
Here, here!
Old 30-04-10, 08:07 AM   #507
Flameboy

After my call with the PC on the 28th of April and He assured me he'd called with the results on the 29th he has not, I've now lost all my (extensive) patience, Opening my notes and calling WD now.

"Finally" as I'm sure most of you would say

Last edited by Flameboy; 30-04-10 at 08:11 AM.
Old 30-04-10, 08:26 AM   #508
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Good luck Flame boy, even the bike Copper I spoke to was surprised at how this has turned out for you. I think that a little help will go a long way for you. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-10, 08:29 AM   #509
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameboy View Post
After my call with the PC on the 28th of April and He assured me he'd called with the results on the 29th he has not, I've now lost all my (extensive) patience, Opening my notes and calling WD now.

"Finally" as I'm sure most of you would say
At last! good lad, and good luck!
Old 30-04-10, 08:34 AM   #510
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Good luck FB, hope it's now sorted asap.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote