SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-10-19, 04:33 PM   #1
Chris Oxon

Default Throttle body refurb

Hi,

I've finally got clearance from the better half to sort out my sv, it's an sv650s k3 '03.

I thought I'd start with the fuel system as it's been sat without turning over for 6 years. I'm following through the service manual and figured I'd just strip everything down, clean and relube.

I've got the throttle bodies off fine but am stuck on removing the link rods and fuel delivery pipe. Are there any tricks to this? I'm worried I'm going to snap the plastic bits at the end of the rods, and can't get my head around how the clamp works on the pipe.

Also as amazing as "SUZUKI SUPER GREASE A" and "SUZUKI MOLY PASTE" sounds are there any generic equivalents?

Cheers,
Chris
Chris Oxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 05:19 PM   #2
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Throttle body refurb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Oxon View Post
Hi,

I've finally got clearance from the better half to sort out my sv, it's an sv650s k3 '03.

I thought I'd start with the fuel system as it's been sat without turning over for 6 years. I'm following through the service manual and figured I'd just strip everything down, clean and relube.

I've got the throttle bodies off fine but am stuck on removing the link rods and fuel delivery pipe. Are there any tricks to this? I'm worried I'm going to snap the plastic bits at the end of the rods, and can't get my head around how the clamp works on the pipe.

Also as amazing as "SUZUKI SUPER GREASE A" and "SUZUKI MOLY PASTE" sounds are there any generic equivalents?

Cheers,
Chris

What job is the grease required for?

See this thread,

https://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=71903

You can use 60% molypaste.I use/d it in place of the Honda equivalent on shaft-drives/gears.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dry-Moly-...8AAOSwfdFalEmE

Or slightly less potent but same usage,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liqui-Mol...4AAOSw-3FZHX-u

HTH

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 06-10-19 at 05:30 PM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote