SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-03-05, 11:40 PM   #1
chris SVK3

Default Career change

I have worked in same job now for 5 years, the pay is good only work 4 days a week (Lucky) but the all important I hate it. Solution I love bikes so im thinking about doing a course to be a bike instructor. Has anyone been down this line or now where to get started.
Old 07-03-05, 01:23 AM   #2
Warren

no, but im thinking along those lines. . .
ive had my licence less than a year so i think i need to wait a bit more.

im not sure but i think you must have held your licence for at least three and a half years.
Old 07-03-05, 09:58 AM   #3
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA
* you must be over 21 years of age
* you must have held a full British motorcycle licence (Category A) for a period of not less than three years
* you must be considered a ‘fit & proper’ person in respect of convictions motoring or non-motoring
Old 10-03-05, 09:42 PM   #4
Warren

mabe ill try as a courier,

in all seriousity, im thinking of going to college again in sept to study motorcycle mechanics or something along those lines.
Old 10-03-05, 09:52 PM   #5
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikageboy

in all seriousity, im thinking of going to college again in sept to study motorcycle mechanics or something along those lines.
Made up word alert!

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-05, 11:43 AM   #6
RenamedMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs
Quote:

Made up word alert!
Quite like it though LMHO

Anyone on here been of is a courier? I've been vaguely interested for some time.
Old 11-03-05, 12:03 PM   #7
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
Anyone on here been of is a courier? I've been vaguely interested for some time.
My mate used to be a courier. Reckons it long hours for not a lot of money these days, but if you are stuck for work it's worth thinking about

You will need a suitable bike (not many courior companies supply the bikes...) as you wouldn't want to subject your P&J to all that abuse....

Don't think I'd fancy it, rather save my riding for when I want to.

Old 11-03-05, 12:17 PM   #8
RenamedMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
My mate used to be a courier. Reckons it long hours for not a lot of money these days, but if you are stuck for work it's worth thinking about

You will need a suitable bike (not many courior companies supply the bikes...) as you wouldn't want to subject your P&J to all that abuse....

Don't think I'd fancy it, rather save my riding for when I want to.

But I'm not riding at the moment (not insured, can't afford it). But if I was earning more than I am now I may be able to afford to run the bike
Old 11-03-05, 04:48 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Quote:

Made up word alert!
I love made up words. There should be a dictionary equivalent of Pop acedemy or big brother where we get to vote and keep a silly word in the dictionary forever.

There are a great deal of silly words in there that no-one ever uses (not even scrabble champions) so a few more wont hurt.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-05, 04:50 PM   #10
RenamedMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Quote:
Quote:

Made up word alert!
I love made up words. There should be a dictionary equivalent of Pop acedemy or big brother where we get to vote and keep a silly word in the dictionary forever.

There are a great deal of silly words in there that no-one ever uses (not even scrabble champions) so a few more wont hurt.
Yes, lets start a campaign!