SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-12-07, 12:33 AM   #1
CoolGirl

Default I is a proper student now!

Not only do I now have an NUS card, but I just handed my first assignment in at one minute to the midnight deadline!

Frankly, at this stage, I don't care what mark I get. Just getting the bleedin' thing out the door with enough words in it was achievement enough.
Old 19-12-07, 01:13 AM   #2
ASM-Forever

Default Re: I is a proper student now!

One minute to the deadline you say.....a real student would have cut it closer than that.
Old 19-12-07, 01:36 AM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirl View Post
Just getting the bleedin' thing out the door with enough words in it was achievement enough.
My finest hour at uni was handing in an assignment with almost exactly half as many words as it was supposed to have, and getting bonus marks for "brevity and economy of words" Just because I didn't have time to add in all the handwaving and flannel.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-07, 08:58 AM   #4
andyb

Quote:
Not only do I now have an NUS card, but I just handed my first assignment in at one minute to the midnight deadline!

Frankly, at this stage, I don't care what mark I get. Just getting the bleedin' thing out the door with enough words in it was achievement enough.
I remember those thoughts all too well! Luckily I did quite well, I'm sure you will too. Just think only another 50 or so to go!!!
Old 19-12-07, 09:05 AM   #5
Alpinestarhero

Tut tut tut, thats the wrong attitude. You should have left it a week after the deadline and not cared about anything, i should know, im in my fourth year of evading taxes.

Matt
Old 19-12-07, 09:12 AM   #6
CoolGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
Tut tut tut, thats the wrong attitude. You should have left it a week after the deadline and not cared about anything, i should know, im in my fourth year of evading taxes.

Matt
Ah, so you're one of the few people on here who's not paying for my course! Everyone else has a vested interest, so ought to be doing their utmost to help me get through it
Old 19-12-07, 09:14 AM   #7
G
Mega Poster

When i was at uni the place you handed coursework in shut at 2pm whether there was a que or not, if you were not there before 1 the que was so long it wouldnt get handed in.

I still have an NUS card somewhere, i kept it as mine was valid for 10 years ????? and the week before i finished uni i accidently broke it and got issued a new one Never actually found somewhere worth using it though.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-07, 09:35 AM   #8
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Ah, so you're one of the few people on here who's not paying for my course! Everyone else has a vested interest, so ought to be doing their utmost to help me get through it
Their also paying for my course! And I'm trying to give something back through my project

I can shout you some pasta and tomato ketchup (student top nosh) to help you along

Matt
Old 19-12-07, 09:39 AM   #9
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
My finest hour at uni was handing in an assignment with almost exactly half as many words as it was supposed to have, and getting bonus marks for "brevity and economy of words" Just because I didn't have time to add in all the handwaving and flannel.
My favourite Russell Brand quote, reposnding to a Nurse telling him that 'patience is a virtue'
"and so is brevity my dear lady!!"
Old 19-12-07, 10:12 AM   #10
Ed

Quote:
I think you should post a weekly progress update on here so that we know that we're getting value for money