SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 16-01-09, 09:48 PM   #1
Tim in Belgium

Default Your favourite three track day photos.

As suggested by Luke Millar ages ago, a thread for posting your favourite three track day photos, no more or we may have to call the mods in! But you're free to modify your post at any time...

Track location, corner, general comments and bike details would be handy too .

Just having a look at my pictures before posting mine...

Last edited by Tim in Belgium; 16-01-09 at 10:07 PM. Reason: I changed my mind
Old 16-01-09, 10:08 PM   #2
Ratty

Default Re: Your favourite two track day photos.

Anglesey. Top of the Corkscrew, Gerards at Mallory and missing an apex by a mile at the Rock.. Bike is a bog standard SV1000SZ with BOS can in two pics.

Last edited by Ratty; 11-10-09 at 07:47 PM.
Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-09, 10:14 PM   #3
Tim in Belgium

My favourite three:

#1. Mansfield at Cadwell on the SV:

A nice photo, nicely composed, if only I didn't have sheep cr@p on my oil filter...

#2. Mansfield at Cadwell Park:

A rubbish apex but I love the lean on such a dodgy, bumpy downhill corner.

#3. Hawthorn at Croft.

Not the best body position, but it gives a feeling for lean and chasing GSX-Rs on an SV along with an interesting shot angle:
Old 16-01-09, 11:01 PM   #4
Jester666

RAF Northolt 2008. Me about to do this guy (R6?) around the outside!

Lydden 2007, Paddock Bend

Lydden 2007, Just after Paddock Bend!!!

Last edited by Jester666; 16-01-09 at 11:05 PM.
Old 16-01-09, 11:02 PM   #5
Zombie Jesus

Thumbs up Re: Your favourite two track day photos.

mine, in order in which they were taken:

1: cheeky overtake at silverstone

2: Anglesey coastal, lefthander coming out of the corkscrew

3: Woodlands at pembrey
Old 16-01-09, 11:25 PM   #6
Lozzo

Silverstone GP circuit - March 31st 2008, the org's trackday

Copse corner on my 1998 CBR600 FW. I'd finally managed to get Copse right and that same session I'd managed to go under a crowd of bigger bikes moving way faster than I'd ever dared before and outbraked them all into the corner. Still going much faster than I felt comfortable I decided to just hang off a bit more and keep going... until the Akrapovic can started grinding out - I got through and realised I could do Copse much faster than I ever had previously. I know this photo was taken on the same session after that incident because I moved the can back to where it should be before the next session; you can see where it was shunted back in the strap against the holding springs in the photo

Next one was taken at Mallory Park's hairpin on my old Bandit 600 - 27/7/2006. I paid £200 for that bike and ran it for 18 months as a commuter, work hack, regular transport for the 260 mile round trip to see my then girlfriend and also did two trackdays on it.

I turned up for the Mallory trackday fully loaded with camping kit as I was off racing at Brands with my mate Danny that evening. I was intending to hire a bike there, but took my own out instead and had a whale of a time embarrassing much bigger bikes by going round the outside of them round Gerards and diving underneath them at the hairpin. All this on Avon AV45/46ST sports touring tyres wth tread like a tractor's. A fantastic day that was.

Coppice corner at Donington Park in August 2005 on my GSX-R 1000 K1. It's not a good photo, I'm not hanging off and I was riding really badly. I put this in because it reminds me of the struggle I had learning to ride a bike again after illness. This was the first trackday I ever did, and it was a spur of the moment thing about 6 months after I had a mild stroke and I scared myself silly all day long, but the addiction was there. This photo makes me feel proud of myself for overcoming something that could have stopped me riding altogether

Last edited by Lozzo; 16-01-09 at 11:40 PM.
Old 16-01-09, 11:48 PM   #7
Balky001
Mega Poster

my favourite is a bit unusual as its from the rear, oh err. This was Rockingham National in 2007 and the fast lefts before the straight and hairpin.

The next is last year at Rockingham Int'l, the session before my highside. My mate in the GSXR 1000 is behind and we had a really close racing, loads of overtakes.

This one I like as it was only by 3rd or 4th track day, second time as Brands. My leathers look new and clean!

Last edited by Balky001; 17-01-09 at 11:22 PM.
Balky001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-09, 12:48 AM   #8
southy1978

First trackday @ snetterton, outbraking a gsx-r into sear corner in the wet

Second is @ oulton park exiting old hall corner

Third is also @ oulton park, cranking it over i believe going into druids

Well thats me! Looking forward to seeing more pics. God i cant wait for the summer to arrive again!!!!!
southy1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-09, 12:53 AM   #9
G
Mega Poster

Favourite Image on the SV.....Was at silverstone on the GP Circuit..... .ORG trackday in march and pretty damn cold, good day though

These two are my favourite from The Rock on the National Circuit on the CBR, it was my last trackday of 2008 and was full of drama, one very dodgy trip into the gravel pit when I misjudged how much throttle I had open on at the end of the straight and couldnt release enough. And a big highside on the long sweeping left hander that left me with my **** and both feet detached from the bike lol

The bike is pretty much ready for 09 now providing I still have a job I will be aiming for one day a month

Old 17-01-09, 08:56 AM   #10
Tim in Belgium

A nice variety of photos, keep them coming.