SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-04-19, 09:04 PM   #7211
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
Bit crap was looking at those will steer clear if they don't sort you out.

I've been pleased with it in the few months I've had it and it's been working. The best bit for me was the battery life. I've had easily 5 hours out of the normal battery and have the larger capacity too, though rarely need it. It only records 1080, but I don't have huge computer space to store large files anyway. Car DVR loop mode works well recording 10 minute segments for use like a dashcam.

All useless though if it just won't turn on. I've had one reply from customer services that just told me to try all the things I've already done (reset button, take sd card out, other battery etc). I replied telling them I've tried all that and haven't heard anything back for the last two days. Got a feeling it's going to be a very drawn out process at this rate. Annoying as I have the return trip back from Cornwall tomorrow and was hoping to get a bit of footage.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 02:16 PM   #7212
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Perennial problem, bally insurance companies!! Car insurance renewal time (2 cars on a multi-car) was £678. A few searches later and I have a quote for £482.... I then ring Admiral about my renewal and within 5 minutes they knocked £134 off my renewal. FFS! Just give me your best price first time!! why do we have to do the dance every year?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 02:22 PM   #7213
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Perennial problem, bally insurance companies!! Car insurance renewal time (2 cars on a multi-car) was £678. A few searches later and I have a quote for £482.... I then ring Admiral about my renewal and within 5 minutes they knocked £134 off my renewal. FFS! Just give me your best price first time!! why do we have to do the dance every year?
I know it was a rhetorical question but most people just won't bother to dance and I've been guilty of that in the past.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-19, 03:12 PM   #7214
maviczap
Mega Poster

Isn't this something the Government is trying to stop, only given the best price to new customers, and not rewarding loyal customers until they decide to change?

I'm guilty of this with my motorbike insurance, but its only £120, although I was going to check this years renewal, but didn't get round to it.

I've got to do it with Sky, because they don't reward loyal customers
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 07:08 PM   #7215
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Isn't this something the Government is trying to stop, only given the best price to new customers, and not rewarding loyal customers until they decide to change?

I'm guilty of this with my motorbike insurance, but its only £120, although I was going to check this years renewal, but didn't get round to it.

I've got to do it with Sky, because they don't reward loyal customers
I'm much more proactive these days, but then I've got more time to do the research.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 18-04-19, 08:25 PM   #7216
Kenzie

Paper straws. I know we are trying to cut down on plastic but it's just not the same.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 09:10 AM   #7217
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Paper straws. I know we are trying to cut down on plastic but it's just not the same.

Plastic straws are very easy to wash through and reuse too.
Old 19-04-19, 09:26 AM   #7218
daktulos

After moving office, we're now using VegWare compostable cutlery, rather than metal. The problem is, the on-site composter can't take them, so they're just going to landfill where they'll last an estimated thousand years.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 12:56 PM   #7219
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I used to work for a conference company setting up AV equipment, PAs, microphones and projectors for energy conservation conferences. They often used to hire us to travel from Bristol to London in a LWB van to collect all the kit and then drive to Edinburgh or York fully loaded to set up. Then take down the next day and do the journey in reverse. Not sure why they never hired local companies.

The conferences themsleves were lavish affairs with lots of waste (eg if a bottle of sparkling water was opened for just one glass to be drunk the rest was poured away. At the end of each conference most tables had two types of water and three types of squash opened with just an inch or two missing from the top. They must have thrown away a lot of bottled water and fruit squash.) Food from lunches was thrown despite me asking if I could take some home to have when I got in late... health and safety, it wasn't allowed. One went as far as to tell me that the asparagus quiche would be thrown or fed to the deer they had in the grounds of the hotel. We didn't ask about the fruit squash and just smuggled it out in our backpacks as it seemed so wasteful. Another guy in my shared house worked with me at the time and between us we developed a pretty impressive stash of bottles of squash in our kitchen.

The biggest irony was that all delegates were trying their best by using solar powered calculators, but they didn't work in the dimly lit rooms. So we always had to turn lights on and open blinds, then ramp up the brightness on the projectors so they could be seen. That kind of summed up the whole farce for me.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 19-04-19 at 12:57 PM.
Old 21-04-19, 09:02 PM   #7220
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Sri Lanka. A country I love and where I have friends. I'm so sad and angry to see the violence inflicted on this beautiful country and people.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk