SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-10-06, 03:16 PM   #1
hovis

Default this is not justice

i cant belive what i just heard on the radio

a guy rapes a 12 year old, gets her pregnant, & dose not go to jail because he has learning difficulties.
Old 30-10-06, 03:19 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Any more details? If he's severely impaired, he might not have known he was doing wrong, and what use is prison then?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-06, 03:19 PM   #3
keithd

well, if taken it as black and white then it doesn't sound like jutice no.

BUT

as said the guy has learning difficulties. it doesn't sound like a black and white case to me.

education not incarceration.

i think i've got spliters on my **** from this fence
Old 30-10-06, 03:21 PM   #4
hovis

i must admit that is all it said,so i dont know the full details
Old 30-10-06, 03:24 PM   #5
Warthog

You are right, if he has learning difficulties then prison won't help at all. He needs to be shot.

*another inflammatory post brought to you by Warthog forum posting services *
Old 30-10-06, 03:34 PM   #6
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog
You are right, if he has learning difficulties then prison won't help at all. He needs to be shot.

PMSL!

NB: I can't believe there's not a "throwing petrol on a fire" smiley...
Old 30-10-06, 03:34 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog

PMSL.

tough one. If he is really bad then he may be better off in a secure institution. Yes prison wont help to re-educate or punish him and he'll probably be a target for the scum in there who wanna feel like hard men.... but the public also has to be protected from him if he's that out of touch that he doesnt know what he's doing. Next time he could do something a lot worse. Not that what he did was not bad enough but i'm talking mass murder here possibly.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-06, 03:40 PM   #8
linco

Difficult to answer without knowing the full story. As far as i'm concerned this person has commited a physical crime, rape. No own its own its sick, disgusting and if I ever had the chance i'd hang every last one of them in public by the you know whats.

I'd like to know to what extent this person has a mental disability.
Old 30-10-06, 05:25 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by linco
Difficult to answer without knowing the full story. As far as i'm concerned this person has commited a physical crime, rape. No own its own its sick, disgusting and if I ever had the chance i'd hang every last one of them in public by the you know whats.

I'd like to know to what extent this person has a mental disability.
My ideal way to deal with rapists is even better than that.
Oil em up and throw em in a cell with some of the meanest fags in the jail. Leave for a week. Then let em go free. See if they ever think what happened to them is acceptable to do to someone else.
Second offence, chop off their nuts and let them watch themsleves bleed to death. Simple.

So speaks Judge Spidey

obviously all the above applies to "good" convictions, not those where the women lie and claim rape after consenting
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-06, 07:09 PM   #10
Jabba

Just for a moment there I thought I heard the sound of the Forums collective knees jerking

Difficult.........if he has a mental impairment then he might genuinely not have known what he did was wrong. To my mind, if the experts think that he can be educated and there's no risk of him doing it again then maybe not incarcerating him is the right option.

Even if prison is inappropriate, he should be detained if he's a risk to society.

Every case is different.