SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-11-18, 12:55 AM   #1
SV650Raw

Default New git

Hello board from across the pond! I'm Mark & I LOVE my SV650 and this looks like the kinda place for me. I've read of guys who've been riding literally everything on two wheels for over 45yrs and STILL prefer to ride a SV650. Now THAT < is a resounding confirmation of the SV's superiority over every other bike out there for many reasons. Size, speed, ride, economy, parts availability, etc., etc.. I, personally, would rather ride my SV than anything & I could but just about anything there is.... IF I wanted to be in debt forever. Anyway, glad to be here and discuss THE best all around motorcycle... the SV650!
Old 26-11-18, 07:39 AM   #2
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: New git

Welcome along, we're a pretty friendly bunch here!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-18, 08:57 AM   #3
shiftin_gear98

Hello
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-18, 12:02 PM   #4
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Welcome along, we're a pretty goofy/bonkers/nuts bunch here!
Corrected for you.

Oh, and welcome SV650Raw
Old 26-11-18, 01:01 PM   #5
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Corrected for you.

Oh, and welcome SV650Raw
I was trying to be diplomatic Trev!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-18, 10:05 PM   #6
SV650Raw

Does everyone else hate it when you hear a BIG/Standard sized bike like our beloved SV650 referred to as a "girls bike" or "little" when in reality its large as or larger than pretty much every sport bike in height/length/wet weight, etc.?

I chopped off that dumbass factory "grain silo" huge muffler and bolted on a RADIANT CYCLES chrome shorty straight pipe & lemme tell you my "little girl's" SV now sounds as loud and BETTER than a freakin Harley Davidson, in addition to being waaay faster 0-60 AND faster top end.

Everyone w/in a block hears you trust me. Remember Loud Pipes Saves Lives. The odds of someone NOT seeing me is good but they WILL hear me I assure you.

Here's a clip of it now > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GA...NvEhOYyAbxRqb0

Last edited by SV650Raw; 26-11-18 at 10:27 PM.
Old 26-11-18, 10:16 PM   #7
SV650Raw

Hey GaryN.East check this beauty out > Jeez that is one fine SV650! Can someone tell me why in the freakin' hell did dumbass Suzuki Motor. Corp. quit making the SV-S?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...jyRhEH8ROZqAkR

Last edited by SV650Raw; 26-11-18 at 10:20 PM.
Old 27-11-18, 05:23 AM   #8
Gordon13

Wink Re: New git

[QUOTE=SV650Raw;3095796]Does everyone else hate it when you hear a BIG/Standard sized bike like our beloved SV650 referred to as a "girls bike" or "little"

I inherited "my" SV650 from my wife it was a replacement for her 600 Monster but she stopped riding when our grandchildren started to arrive, this arrangement allowed me to use my other V twin as my full-time rwyb race bike, it's a HD engined Buell and it's waaayyy faster than the little 650
Gordon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 06:51 AM   #9
maviczap
Mega Poster

Hello
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 01:04 PM   #10
SV650Raw

Your wife must be on the back of the Suzuki when you race a Buell. Besides when you push a Buell THAT hard either (0-60) or top end it shakes like a busted washing machine. The only time a Buell doesn't shake like hell is under 5k which is just where a SV650 starts it's power band and it linearly continues to 10k whereas a Buell at 10k would probably explode or at the very least be unrideable once you pushed it back home. The SV650 has been in production longer than EBR was even in business. That's because its a helluva well designed motorcycle that sells for much less just about anything that comes close to it in performance.

SV650 > 0-60 mph 3.3 | Quarter mile 11.8
2003 Buell 1200 Lightning 0-60 mph 3.6 | Quarter mile 11.5 > Bear in mind the Buell 12's motor is literally TWICE the size and rated hp/torque output of the "little" SV. IOW its stupid to compare the two in any realistic manner. You have to compare apples to apples. Even then a SV1000 would leave a Buell 1200 in it's dust. Or to put it another way IF the Buell's engine's displacement was the same size as the SV650 it would take at least 7 seconds to get to 60mph which is HALF the time of SV650.

Buell is not a sport bike, but its moreso a cruiser. Whereas the SV650 is not a cruiser, but moreso a sport bike. But BOTH are vtwins interestingly enough.

source:
https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicl...-60-mph-times/
https://www.zeroto60times.com/?s=buell

Last edited by SV650Raw; 27-11-18 at 03:48 PM.