SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-12-18, 01:34 PM   #1
pup joint

Default fuel tank removal 2014 sfv 650

To remove the tank I understand the side panels below the tank have to come off. Have fought the releasing clips over a couple of hours and down to the last one thats forward under the tank but cannot release. I have tried pulling,sliding up, down and forward and putting so much pressure on I'm in danger of cracking it, ( I think I'm about to crack up with frustration). Can anyone give some advice on how it releases ?
pup joint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 02:18 PM   #2
Spanner Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: fuel tank removal 2014 sfv 650

Good afternoon.

The side panel comes off attached to the other plastic panel that covers the swinging arm pivots.

From memory it's a couple of screws on each side, a plastic w@nker button, (push in centre to release type) & you have to take the grab handles off.

The panels pull outwards to release them from the frame grommets, & slide backwards.

Cheers.
Old 07-12-18, 04:58 PM   #3
pup joint

Thanks " Spanner Man", I got the beast off, took some time ! It was sliding backwards as you suggested that got it in the end. The Haynes manual does not even mention that the panels have to come off and the owners handbook only makes a cursory reference, so again my thanks.
pup joint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 07:04 AM   #4
Spanner Man
Mega Poster

No worries, I'm glad it worked.

Often it's not obvious how panels come off. I'm sure the Jap's have meetings on how to make mainrenance downright awkward!

Cheers.