SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-08-20, 01:12 PM   #1
Rockabilly Boy

Default Pillion footrest hangers

Hi Recently picked up an SV650 K3 model, which we intend to use as our "two-up" and winter bike. First impressions are great little bike, enough torque and handles pretty well (Compared to our regular rides which are both soft-tail style chops!)

However my other half is a bit on the short side and in leathers she does struggle getting her leg bent enough to get up on the rear peg which will probably get worse in the cold as neither of us are spring chickens!!. So before I look at modding the existing hangers to drop the peg height by about an inch, does anyone know of any hangars that are a little longer, hence lower, that fit the K3?
Cheers all
Rockabilly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 06:40 PM   #2
gadget

Default Re: Pillion footrest hangers

Not sure about other fitments tbh, but fabricating a couple of extension brackets from either a piece of steel or alloy shouldnt take too long, that way you get to choose the exact height and position you need, also they could be made adjustable!?.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 07:33 PM   #3
Rockabilly Boy

Yep thats the way I was thinking to go, even a simple bracket on onelug and pivot the other which would give her a better leg position as well, only other thing would be to extend the silencer support slightly
Cheers for that though
Rockabilly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 07:52 PM   #4
gadget

Yeah, it's all sent to try us eh! I had to fabricate an alloy exhaust hanger after removing the rear footrest, managed to use the original footrest hanger fixing bracket after a bit of head scratching.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote