SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-06-05, 08:42 AM   #1
A-jay

Default Sorry your insurance is void

Read this bearing in mind that i was insured as Third party only paying £760 a year!!!

I called my insurance company on saturday to inform them of some of the changes to the bike. I explained to the women that i have had the lower fairing added which was an optional extra not a modification and that the bike had been resprayed, she asked if it was a race rep paint job to which i explained that it was based on GSVR race colours but was different so technically no.

She then told me that she would have to look into it and so put me on hold....for what seemed like an eternity....

Then she came back, she told me and i quote "there is good news and bad news, the good news is the fairings are fine, the bad news is ~*$"!* wont carry on your policy with the change in colour, so your insurance is now void"

I then called caroline nash as some people on here had recommended, they weren't bothered about the paint job, and insured the bike for a higher value with the mods for £580 THFT!!!

Sorry about the length, it annoyed me! oh yer an i'll had pics on here soon!
Old 20-06-05, 08:45 AM   #2
SVeeedy Gonzales

I think a "name and shame" is in order here! That's just rubbish service for no good reason.
Old 20-06-05, 08:53 AM   #3
A-jay

The worst thing is ive been riding for a year and a half and havent got any no claims because when i changed bikes from the 400 that insurance company wouldn't insure me on a bike the SV?! (even thought its a group lower) and now ive had to start again and wait til nxt June for my first years no claims! i hate insurance companies.
Old 20-06-05, 08:58 AM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

£760 a year, third party only!!!! WTF

Where do you live, bagdhad
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-05, 09:14 AM   #5
SVeeedy Gonzales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney

Almost - Norfolk

Sounds like the insurance companies you were with were mucking you about. I've never heard of anyone having to start their NCB again when changing companies, I would have thought most would have taken the last insurer into account and added the time to your NCB even if it wasn't a full year with the last insurer, assuming there was no break between the policies. I'm sure they have no legal obligation to do that but it's part goodwill and part just not being filthy money-grabbing scumbags... not all insurers are bad and at least now it sound slike you've found a better one than the last 2 you were with
Old 20-06-05, 09:16 AM   #6
Viney
Mega Poster

Still £760 a year is ludicrus.

Shop around until you drop.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-05, 09:56 AM   #7
Mr Toad

Norfolk

What are they worried about - Weasels chewing your tyres
Old 20-06-05, 12:42 PM   #8
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
Norfolk

What are they worried about - Weasels chewing your tyres
Close, but more likely to be coypu. Click here if you've never heard of them http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/icapb/col...ml/mrcoypu.htm. Some escaped from a fur farm and although they've been more or less wiped out (they bred at a staggering rate) I'm sure there is still a few out there. Can you tell I used to live in Norfolk??

I asked my car insurers about what would happen if I upgraded my engine control unit, as my 51 plate 1.6 Astra is as flat as a pancake. You can get them re-chipped with no extra power but better response, pickup and economy. "Not a chance" they said. Even the cleaning up of the breathing is considered a performance enhancement so will not be covered by a standard policy.
Old 20-06-05, 12:47 PM   #9
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

norfolk's full of gypsies innit???

I pay 160 quid TPFT !! but I am 120 with 100 yrs no claims !!
Old 20-06-05, 04:47 PM   #10
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeeedy Gonzales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney

Almost - Norfolk

Sounds like the insurance companies you were with were mucking you about. I've never heard of anyone having to start their NCB again when changing companies, I would have thought most would have taken the last insurer into account and added the time to your NCB even if it wasn't a full year with the last insurer, assuming there was no break between the policies. I'm sure they have no legal obligation to do that but it's part goodwill and part just not being filthy money-grabbing scumbags... not all insurers are bad and at least now it sound slike you've found a better one than the last 2 you were with
Goodwill from insurance companies??? What planet are you on?