SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 06-07-08, 12:40 AM   #1
shorn

Question recommend me some roads/routes!

hi all, had the SV for about 3 weeks now and really enjoying it and building up my confidence slowly but surely! Up until now I've mainly stuck to local roads (new forest area) but this week I had a good blast up to Winchester via the A3090 which was very enjoyable and on Friday I went up to Fareham and went up and back down the A32, after reading that it was a good road on a biking route website. The A32 was OK but was very busy with cars and also a bike copper parked up on route. Maybe this spoilt it a little but I didn't really find it that challenging or exciting a road.

I'm hoping that some people can give some good recommendations for roads in and around Hampshire, ( I live in Marchwood, Southampton.) I'm really looking for some routes that can help me pick up some good experience and also offer a little fun!!

I'm looking forward to some ride outs with friends and such at some point but I feel happier getting some experience on my own for a little while whilst I build my confidence.

Many thanks!
Old 06-07-08, 12:59 PM   #2
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Re: recommend me some roads/routes!

http://www.thebestrides.biz/

only about 12 quid, fits nicely under the seat and it's waterproof and tearproof. Always nice to have a map for if you get lost, but this one has different UK roads highlighted for you. I've found some hidden gems with it

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-08, 02:49 PM   #3
Larry

Hey,

You mention the A32 in your post (which is nearly always very congested), but if you carry on northwards along that road until just after West Meon, you'll come to Loomies cafe, turn right there and enjoy the A272, one of the best roads in the area IMO.
Post up whenever you feel like going for a ride with someone else, I'm quite often in Southampton and I usually have to go around on my own too!

Larry.
Old 11-07-08, 09:30 AM   #4
clanger

Catch the A272 near Winchester at the big roundabout, ride through all the small villages and then through West Meon junction (A32) and carry on under the A3, and into West Sussex...you will find one of the best biking roads in the area!!!

I often pop into Loomies (A32) for a cuppa, on my way up or down those roads....

And my bike is EASILY spotted, she's the only single seater, raspberry nekkid sv around these parts. Pop up to Portsdown Hill, some of the peeps up there are really friendly too...you can ride down the A32, and then take off up one of the small lanes off there before you get to Portchester.

Beware on the A32, there are ALWAYS coppers hanging around Corehampton and Droxford areas (especially Sundays) - although most bikers you'll pass will happily wave their arms around at you...which basically signifies old bill...