SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-07-17, 06:29 PM   #2521
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Being back home after a week's holiday. I know that sounds odd but Lady Poppy and I like to wander and explore at our own pace when away so a week with my extended family on a small log cabin site in Yorkshire was tiring. We only came close to a stand up argument once which was a relief as I seriously thought I'd be in a cell or the morgue within the first two days.
Old 29-07-17, 09:51 PM   #2522
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Being back home after a week's holiday. I know that sounds odd but Lady Poppy and I like to wander and explore at our own pace when away so a week with my extended family on a small log cabin site in Yorkshire was tiring. We only came close to a stand up argument once which was a relief as I seriously thought I'd be in a cell or the morgue within the first two days.
You needed to take the bike so you could clear off round the dales for the day.
They're very therapeutic.
Old 30-07-17, 06:52 AM   #2523
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I used to have the same just at Christmas when we had a family meal at my MILs. My BILs kids used to drive me nuts, and that was just for a few hours let alone a holiday!

Sympathy Sir Trev
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-17, 07:51 AM   #2524
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

We took our bicycles which helped as we could go off on our own for several hours at a time although the Dales were a bit too far off from our base just south of York. Nice flat countryside for cycling though.

What grated most was gathering for tea or evening meals. Our poor Monkey (20) was bored out of her mind by the end of it and went straight to the station for the first train to Brighton when we got back to High Wycombe.

As it was all for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary it was thankfully a one-off.
Old 31-07-17, 08:00 AM   #2525
shiftin_gear98

Extended family helliday, **** that. Well done for surviving.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-17, 08:09 AM   #2526
shiftin_gear98

Smile of the day, with a slight tinge of the unknown.

The blood test results came back, nothing nasty. Thank god.
However they did two main tests, one all clear, the other showed a slight infection - I guess this is why his glands are up.
Something about protein in the blood gravity count?? Doc says it should read between 7 - 10 for a kid, internet says 7-13. His reading was 13. If it was 40 - 60 there would be a problem.

He does however have to have another blood test next week. Not sure he'll take it so calmly knowing what's in store.

So for now I'll stop worrying until someone tells me I should. Kids who would ave em...

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 31-07-17 at 06:29 PM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-17, 04:54 PM   #2527
maviczap
Mega Poster

Great news
Old 31-07-17, 05:04 PM   #2528
maviczap
Mega Poster

Well some of you will know that I've been clearing my mums house after she was taken into care. Plus the kitchen refit

Yesterday my MIL came to tea, first time in about 10 years, because she thinks our house is untidy, but we just don't have her OCD for cleaning & keeping things tucked away. Anyway my wife told her not to comment about downstairs, as there were thing to be found a home, so still a few boxes.

So I asked my wife if she'd commented on anything? Yes, she'd said she had some stuff to go to the tip, and we could help her out when I went there with some of the stuff from the garden! Meaning the garden was untidy!

My smile? On hearing my MIL say this, my eldest went off on a rant telling my MIL how busy I've been of late, clearing my mums house etc etc

She does surprise me sometimes, but its nice to know that someone knows I've been working my nuts off for the past month
Old 31-07-17, 07:23 PM   #2529
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Well some of you will know that I've been clearing my mums house after she was taken into care. Plus the kitchen refit

Yesterday my MIL came to tea, first time in about 10 years, because she thinks our house is untidy, but we just don't have her OCD for cleaning & keeping things tucked away. Anyway my wife told her not to comment about downstairs, as there were thing to be found a home, so still a few boxes.

So I asked my wife if she'd commented on anything? Yes, she'd said she had some stuff to go to the tip, and we could help her out when I went there with some of the stuff from the garden! Meaning the garden was untidy!

My smile? On hearing my MIL say this, my eldest went off on a rant telling my MIL how busy I've been of late, clearing my mums house etc etc

She does surprise me sometimes, but its nice to know that someone knows I've been working my nuts off for the past month
I am of the opinion that true friends come to see you, not the house, and also I tell people they can mention the dust but ask them not to write in it LOL

A tidy house is the sign of a bored person - a case of 'nothing better to do - OK I'll clean up to pass the time'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-17, 07:47 PM   #2530
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
I am of the opinion that true friends come to see you, not the house, and also I tell people they can mention the dust but ask them not to write in it LOL

A tidy house is the sign of a bored person - a case of 'nothing better to do - OK I'll clean up to pass the time'
hahahaaaaaa you would love my house then. i'm always bored but i still cba with tidying up or anything else.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote