SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-04-19, 04:42 PM   #11
zsv650s

Default Re: Big feet ...

Size 14's here I have Daytona non-stops and they are a very wide fit perfect for me also have sidi vortices which are narrower but just about okay honestly Daytona's are worth the Dosh big outlay but they last forever with care and they will even refurbish them for you and resole them.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 05:32 PM   #12
daktulos

I took a trip to J&S today to try on some boots. They had Roadstar GTX and Spirit XCR in stock in (what I thought was) my size.

I tried on the Roadstars, and they were too narrow. They would probably soften with use, but I know that my toes would be uncomfortable for now. I didn't really think about the sizing otherwise.

The Spirits fit a lot better, perhaps because they're softer and a looser fit. However, I felt they were actually a bit too loose at the ankle and my toes weren't completely in the toe box. I really wanted to try a size smaller, but they didn't have any in stock.

I was almost tempted to get the ones I tried on, but apart from the length they were also clearly older stock (no CE label, which may not mean anything, but put me off).

So, I could order the Roadstars in a wider fit, but don't know if they'd fit. Similarly I could order the smaller size Spirits, but maybe they'll be too narrow. Then there's the others, like Nonstops, which I've not even seen.

I just want to try them on and buy some - I'll even pay the shop prices rather than ordering online. Am I being unreasonable? Does anyone know of any physical shops which may stock some?

Thanks!
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 05:35 PM   #13
zsv650s

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...ent_prod/97991 here you go SBS will let you try and return or you can visit them.
Old 13-04-19, 05:40 PM   #14
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Just a couple of thoughts.

One of my feet,like most people,is larger than the other.My normal shoe/boot size is 10 but if I buy those my right foot is a tight fit.So over the years I always but one size bigger(11s) and with Bike boots this means I can wear thick bike socks to pad them out and stack inside with those cheap foam inner soles.

This makes them a firm fit and comfortable.

Also and old trick to soften new shoe leather and make a better fit is to wear the shoe/boot and gently warm them with a Hairdryer and work some Saddle soap into the leather as a softener.

HTH
Old 16-04-19, 11:29 AM   #15
daktulos

I took a gamble and bought some Nonstops (which I hadn't tried) in a size I hadn't tried online. They're quite snug , but the right size once they're on, although my right foot is still complaining about being cramped, but I'm sure they'll relax in time.

They were pretty old stock, but £80 off list price, so I'm not too upset about it.

Thanks for all the advice.
Old 16-04-19, 12:22 PM   #16
zsv650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
I took a gamble and bought some Nonstops (which I hadn't tried) in a size I hadn't tried online. They're quite snug , but the right size once they're on, although my right foot is still complaining about being cramped, but I'm sure they'll relax in time.

They were pretty old stock, but £80 off list price, so I'm not too upset about it.

Thanks for all the advice.
Weird mine are wide I will have a look when I get home see if they have anything on the label.
Old 16-04-19, 07:27 PM   #17
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
Weird mine are wide I will have a look when I get home see if they have anything on the label.
I wore them home today, so I'm committed now - the width is OK, and I'm sure they'll soften.

They're quite a bit chunkier and less flexible that my other boots. Not a negative, but I'm having to re-learn where my foot goes to change gear!
Old 16-04-19, 07:31 PM   #18
zsv650s

They do soften up a bit mine are like slippers now.