SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-10-04, 04:16 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default GSXR front end on naked SVthou

Saw one today in Brisl, owned by one of the guys at Protyres. Look the dogs danglies, if not the cats ****. As I am technically illiterate I can offer no further info
Old 07-10-04, 08:00 AM   #2
simon-temple

I might be able to get hold of a GSXR 750 WR and thought of doing something similar but then I thought I would more than likely end up with two bikes off the road not just one!!
Old 07-10-04, 09:41 AM   #3
jonboy

But has anyone solved the speedo problem correctly though?

Old 07-10-04, 09:44 AM   #4
simon-temple

no problem, nail so it's bouncing of the stop! then it doesn't matter as you're going to fast anyway

what is the problem? If it to do with the drive it is possible to get different ratio etc.
Old 07-10-04, 09:52 AM   #5
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
But has anyone solved the speedo problem correctly though?

The one I saw was yet to have clocks....
Old 07-10-04, 10:25 AM   #6
jonboy

The problem is that the SV takes the speedo reading off the front and GSXRs take it from the rear wheel and therefore the forks don't have the bits needed to drive the speedo and therefore it's necessary to fabricate something at the rear which no-one, it appears, has done successfully yet.

Old 07-10-04, 10:33 AM   #7
Anonymous

Quote:
The problem is that the SV takes the speedo reading off the front and GSXRs take it from the rear wheel and therefore the forks don't have the bits needed to drive the speedo and therefore it's necessary to fabricate something at the rear which no-one, it appears, has done successfully yet.

If anyones seriously interest I suppose I can try and find out what this chap intends to do
Old 07-10-04, 10:47 AM   #8
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich
Quote:

If anyones seriously interest I suppose I can try and find out what this chap intends to do
There was a thread about an electronic speedo thing made by Vapur (or something like that) that would be ideal. Cost about £200. It was also in T.W.O. mag a couple of months back. It would be ideal for this application.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-04, 11:06 AM   #9
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Here's the link:

http://www.veypor.com/

Could also try PM'ing 21QUEST as he has got Gixxer forks on his SV. He hasn't been around much lately though.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-04, 12:52 PM   #10
jonboy

No 21Quest hasn't got the SV speedo working either. Whether he will or not I've no idea. Pete Tong made something that almost worked but he never finished it.

It's also a helluva lot of dosh to spend on an SV, you'd be better off with the far cheaper Racetech emulators, Ohlins springs and new oil. The difference you'd see on the SV would probably be marginal. Then of course there's the rear shock, the brakes...