SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 26-08-07, 10:28 PM   #51
fat_brstd

Default Re: This Weekend(25/26)

well i was well up for a ride tomorrow but today whilst on a ride i managed to f(_)ck the valve on my front tire, got a spare at home but there is no way its gonna be fixed by 10 tomorrow. My bike is stuck between alysbury and buckingham and ive got to get to work in the morn of tues so im feeling kinda f(_)cked. gonna try and get it to the dealers tommorow (mon) morn and ive got a spare half worn m1 with a new inner so if they are there then all is good

If i dont show up then im sorry but explosive tires suck. On the plus side i didnt bin it and considering i was braking from 140 to 80 make a tight right hander i think im quite lucky to be ok. That was a messy corner with no pressure in the front, ill explain properly tomorrow if i manage to get it sorted. hope you guys have a nice ride whilst im stying to get a f@cked metzler m1 onto my front to replace my michellin pilot power 2ct, hope its still quite sticky but it is a free tire and tube.

have a good ride guys.
Old 27-08-07, 12:28 AM   #52
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
well i was well up for a ride tomorrow but today whilst on a ride i managed to f(_)ck the valve on my front tire, got a spare at home but there is no way its gonna be fixed by 10 tomorrow. My bike is stuck between alysbury and buckingham and ive got to get to work in the morn of tues so im feeling kinda f(_)cked. gonna try and get it to the dealers tommorow (mon) morn and ive got a spare half worn m1 with a new inner so if they are there then all is good

If i dont show up then im sorry but explosive tires suck. On the plus side i didnt bin it and considering i was braking from 140 to 80 make a tight right hander i think im quite lucky to be ok. That was a messy corner with no pressure in the front, ill explain properly tomorrow if i manage to get it sorted. hope you guys have a nice ride whilst im stying to get a f@cked metzler m1 onto my front to replace my michellin pilot power 2ct, hope its still quite sticky but it is a free tire and tube.

have a good ride guys.
Shame....it would of been nice to see the TL in action!

Sounds like the blow out could of been nasty, so its good to hear you kept it rubber side down.

I better think about getting to bed as Nick will cry if im late tomorrow.
Old 27-08-07, 04:00 PM   #53
ASM-Forever

Nice ride today Nick...shame no-one else was up for it. The twisties on the way there were pretty good, lots of hills to power over as well.

I must sort out a few mods for my bike sharpish. Amongst other things i need a DB screen, as sitting at 100 my head was in the firing line!
Old 27-08-07, 04:08 PM   #54
Warthog

Glad you had a good time! Philbut has just arrived at mine, I think we are going to collect my white boots and possibly see if Fox's is open. It has taken me til 5pm to stop feeling so hungover, damn you Jack Daniels!
Old 27-08-07, 04:40 PM   #55
StreetHawk

Was busy busy busy down there today! Bikes everywhere.. Enjoyed that route down there, had a bit of everything. Was shattered when I got home.. Good ride though, shame the pic of me riding bambi didn't come out...

Will have to do it again when we have more of us, only me and ASM today.
Old 27-08-07, 04:52 PM   #56
StreetHawk

In true TV rideout fashion - We got split up on the way down. I got down to Brighton almost an hour before ASM! Maybe we should connect some string between bikes..
Old 27-08-07, 06:02 PM   #57
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Nice ride today Nick...shame no-one else was up for it.
I was, I just couldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
In true TV rideout fashion - We got split up on the way down. I got down to Brighton almost an hour before ASM! Maybe we should connect some string between bikes..
You guys have mirrors on your bikes, right
Old 27-08-07, 06:14 PM   #58
sarah

What route did you guys do?

We've just been down to Devil's Dyke. Mostly empty roads. Lovely.
Old 27-08-07, 06:18 PM   #59
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
You guys have mirrors on your bikes, right
It all went wrong when Nick took a wrong turning as he was low on fuel and needed a garage. We turned round and he said he fecked up and needed to get to the garage. We turned in a random road and he set off back the way we came. I had to wait, i guess 1 minute as there was a procession of traffic. When i did pull out Nick was out of sight.

The problem was the garage was straight ahead but the last time i saw Nick he was in the lane to turn left. I went left for a few miles and then pulled over and gave him a bell. Unfortunately he was still riding so didnt answer. As it turned out he did go left but continued on for a lot longer than i did. I waited in a layby for 15 minutes and then went back on myself to check he was not in the garage that was intially opposite us. As i finished filling up i got a call saying he was in Brighton..........(ummmm now i think about it dont they say no mobiles at petrol forecourts....oops)

So i bombed it down making good speed untl i got to Brighton centre, which despite some hardcore filtering took ages to navigate.

Confused?.....
Old 27-08-07, 06:26 PM   #60
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
What route did you guys do?

We've just been down to Devil's Dyke. Mostly empty roads. Lovely.
Bracknell - Bagshot - Guildford - Horsham - Brighton

Nice route and not too busy either