SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-08-09, 08:26 AM   #11
Tara

Default Re: First Org Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda M View Post
I've got some great org memories

First (and only) annual rideout I did was a cracking time. I met loads of wonderful people and led a group to the meeting place.

Some of the megathread people will remember a certain Yeovil trip I still laugh about that.

Having a bunch of org'ers at my wedding party to help the celebrations along

Still seeing a lovely bunch of people off here even though I haven't had an SV for years and years. You know who you are and I love you guys
the Yeovil trip was superb and like Amanda it still makes me laugh.

My first AR (2004) i wasn't a member til after that but we had a great laugh and i met some great people some of which have become good friends.

meeting up at Rivi Barn on a sunday morning to go to Devils and meeting Verna like Grinch says everyone should have a Verna in their lives and i'm glad i have the original in mine

the Bournemouth trip in 2005 i met my husband.

and the various BBQ's, parties get togethers that the guildford lot have had since we always manage to have a laugh and i class them as friends.

There are loads more i'm sure
Old 28-08-09, 08:44 AM   #12
plowsie

My first real org memory was AR07, even though I had been here a few months, but hadn't really posted that much, then Hovis invited me to fit a scottoiler at the AR for me and said come along for the craic, so I did, all for him to not turn up

Awesome weekend, so much fun. SO MUCH PAIN ALSO!
Old 28-08-09, 08:47 AM   #13
Iansv II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda M View Post

Some of the megathread people will remember a certain Yeovil trip I still laugh about that.
Eek, still got those pictures hidden away somewhere....
Old 28-08-09, 09:12 AM   #14
hovis

mogs and jabba taking me on my first ever rideout, one autum night, did about 60 miles, i turned up in Dr martins, levis and my moto-x jacket (as i did not have any gear) and i was hooked
Old 28-08-09, 09:12 AM   #15
Jabba

Seems that I've been here longer than most.......

Joined here after passing test with the intention of getting an SV650 as my first bike. Memories?

1. Peeps being understanding (nay jealous?!) when I bought a Hornet instead
2. Dr Rich/White Rabbit, Akula (where is he these days?) and others coming out with me for my first ride
3. The ARs that I've been on
4. The fine people that I've met.... Mogs, Fizz, Hovis, Tara, Coolgirl, Ed and all the others
5. Mogs trying to finish the "Mogs Burger" in the Red Barn

Funniest post? Easy! Jonboy (aka Admin2) advising a newbie that the best way to make sure that his earplugs were in correctly was to push 'em in nice and firmly with the blunt end of a pencil
Old 28-08-09, 09:44 AM   #16
Quedos

first org memories = being jealous that everyone had a big bike cos i had a wee 250.
1)first ride out meeting at kinross and saw a female face (kit kat) boy was i happy. - i was the slowest and i was really upset but no-one seemd to mind - remember everyone saying that it meant that grant could have another fag.
tho i did get told that i should get more experience before i even thought about going out on another organsied ride - that org member is the exception to friendliness
2)everyone putting up with me being slow at being last and almost causing a search party to be called. helping me recover when halfway through a rideout i realise that the SV is going to cripple me
3) the GM's - what more can be said
4) the extended family in Skye courtesy of this forum
Old 28-08-09, 10:06 AM   #17
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Yorkie chris trying to convince me to swap my race system with him for a worthless standard pipes!
Dangerous dave seemingly knowing all torque specifications off the top of his head
General nice Pms after smashing myself and the bike up (Ed was one of those IIRC)

Hardy bikers rideout 2 where I first met most of the penine massive and started to learn to ride properly and experienced some awesome roads/views. And the run up to it ....spending too many hours on the phone to yorkiechris as he blindly instructed a moron how to check his wiring.
Old 28-08-09, 02:55 PM   #18
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I remember being stuck at work on Christmas Eve on my todd, and being bored and contemplating my first big bike purchase and coming across this place...

I didnt really use the forum again till I was about to make a purchase and asked for buying advice, then I had trouble with the alarm and got some more help and then lurked about reading for ages.

Didnt really feel part of the community till I started posting in one of the very first megathreads.

I remember my first org rideout ( a very wet trip around wales ) Where I met Jabba and Dr Rich for the first time. My first trip to Poole Quay sticks in my mind as well. As does the Yeovil IB Night out ( that IMHO we'll never come close to matching again in terms of drunk hilarity ) The Bournmouth trip and Liz's BBQ for obvious reasons as thats when we got together.

I never really got a scale for the size of the forum till I went on my first AR in 2006, It still surprises me now the size and diversity of the community we have built up over the years...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-09, 03:05 PM   #19
Bluewolf

Last edited by Bluewolf; 05-04-11 at 08:39 AM.
Old 28-08-09, 03:14 PM   #20
ophic
Mega Poster

I wanted a bike and every motorbike search on google came back with at least one sv650.org result on the first page. So I joined and bought one of them new pointies wot was all the rage at the time... then fell off it with 00013 on the clock