SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-01-21, 07:15 PM   #9071
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Take it, although you still have to pay to attend it
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 07:29 PM   #9072
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Current gripes for me,
car and vans costing me at the moment, just replaced both front lower arms, drop links and track rod ends on the car. Had its mot this morning, needs 2 new tyres and rear brakes doing
Van needs another new egr valve and then putting in for its mot

Worst thing is the other half is on unpaid leave due to the current lockdown so money is going to be tight for a couple of months
Old 07-01-21, 07:43 PM   #9073
Chris_SVS

We decided to do a blitz of updates to site inductions. Total of 21 contractors in their "teams" sat through the video, filled the info sheet in and did the quiz. This morning it was revealed that the first inductees wife tested positive yesterday, he'd went and got a test himself last night that returned positive this morning.

Cheers fella...
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 10:01 PM   #9074
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Looks like I did 36mph in a 30mph zone at some point recently. I don't remember it at all. The kind people who've sent me the NIP do though. Damn. Will this be a fine / points?
I had one too Adam, 37 in a 30. I don't remember doing it either. I'm probably going to get a fine and points as I was had about four years ago for 67 in a 60 so am unlikely to get another speed awareness course.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 11:48 PM   #9075
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
We decided to do a blitz of updates to site inductions. Total of 21 contractors in their "teams" sat through the video, filled the info sheet in and did the quiz. This morning it was revealed that the first inductees wife tested positive yesterday, he'd went and got a test himself last night that returned positive this morning.

Cheers fella...
Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
I had one too Adam, 37 in a 30. I don't remember doing it either. I'm probably going to get a fine and points as I was had about four years ago for 67 in a 60 so am unlikely to get another speed awareness course.
verify them first. there are scams and not just the vans.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 09:54 AM   #9076
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Looks like I did 36mph in a 30mph zone at some point recently. I don't remember it at all. The kind people who've sent me the NIP do though. Damn. Will this be a fine / points?
What does the NIP say? It usually identifies the location and whether it's a fixed camera or mobile unit.

Here's a checklist:

- what date does the NIP give for the alleged offence, and when did you receive it? If you received it over 14 days after the offence, the NIP has not been correctly served and is invalid. If this is the case, google "RAC letter for late NIP" This does work.

- if you received it WITHIN 14 days, check very carefully whether you were at the stated location at the stated time - number plate misreads are more common than you think from fixed GATSO cameras.

- if it all checks out as legit and you were on that road, at that time, just fill in the form and return it. Take copies of the docs before you send and get proof of postage when you send it. Documents can and do get lost in the post or by the speed camera unit, and they'll try and hit you with a 'failure to declare' notice which is 6 points and £300 fine, plus a big insurance hit. If you have proof of what you sent and that it was sent, then it's THEIR problem.

- for 36 in a 30 you should be offered a speed awareness course. £88 and 2.5 hours of your time on Zoom. It's not a conviction so no hit on your insurance.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 10:00 AM   #9077
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Gary, see what I posted above about Adam's NIP.

As long as the new alleged speeding offence is over three years after the last offence, you should be offered a course: https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q584.htm

(That website gets it slightly wrong, the correct dates are actually when the offences occur, not when the courses are attended).
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 11:24 AM   #9078
Dave20046
Mega Poster

What do we do with Adam's forum membership after an admission of such heinous flouting of our highway laws?!
Old 08-01-21, 12:05 PM   #9079
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
What do we do with Adam's forum membership after an admission of such heinous flouting of our highway laws?!
Walk the plank!

Keel haul him
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 01:30 PM   #9080
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Gary, see what I posted above about Adam's NIP.

As long as the new alleged speeding offence is over three years after the last offence, you should be offered a course: https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q584.htm

(That website gets it slightly wrong, the correct dates are actually when the offences occur, not when the courses are attended).
It’s a genuine one Craig, it has all the correct bits on it including the location. Reassuring to know I will probably be offered the naughty boy speeding course though, rather than points and a fine. It’s at least three years, maybe even four since the last time I got zapped.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote