SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-06-08, 07:37 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Gilles rearsets - spares

I have a set of Giles rearsets like this

.. after a minor indiscretion I find myself in the need to buy a new gear shift link rod thingy (rod at bottom of pic) and a new peg for my Giles rearsets.

I have tried a bit of googlefu, but have failed to find a place that sells spare parts ~(just places that sell the rearsets complete).

I know TSM and the like have got spares before, so where can I get Giles rearsets spares from??
Old 05-06-08, 08:15 PM   #2
rigor

Default Re: Giles rearsets - spares

Try HG? I know they sell the complete sets, but they should be able to get the spares too....
Old 05-06-08, 09:06 PM   #3
charlie13

have you tried going direct to gilles tooling?? http://www.gillestooling.com/en/index.php
Old 05-06-08, 09:26 PM   #4
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie13 View Post
have you tried going direct to gilles tooling?? http://www.gillestooling.com/en/index.php
Cheers (didn't know they were called giles tooling ... prolly why I failed to find them ) I have used the 'contact us' email on there and asked for the contact details of a UK SPARES distributor .. hopefully they will get back, cheers
Old 05-06-08, 11:06 PM   #5
chunkytfg

Give sarah jordan a ring as they carry enough spares to build complete rearsets in the back of there truck.
Old 06-06-08, 12:24 AM   #6
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

There used to be a company called Apex Lesure, but it seems they have gone out of business recently
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 01:31 PM   #7
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkytfg View Post
Give sarah jordan a ring as they carry enough spares to build complete rearsets in the back of there truck.
Thanks for the heads up ... but I'd rather chop my own todger off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
There used to be a company called Apex Lesure, but it seems they have gone out of business recently

Anyhoo, an email back from Giles, they gave me http://www.performanceparts-ltd.com/ ... so I'll have a dig there
Old 06-06-08, 01:41 PM   #8
andyb

Hijack: Blue how do you find Giles rearsets? I'm thinking of getting either Giles or Sato but a few have said they don't really rate the build quality of the Giles ones.
Old 06-06-08, 01:47 PM   #9
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Hijack: Blue how do you find Giles rearsets? I'm thinking of getting either Giles or Sato but a few have said they don't really rate the build quality of the Giles ones.
Only ever used Harris or Giles, I'd say I rate the Giles higher than the Harris, on looks and strength!!!!
Old 06-06-08, 01:51 PM   #10
andyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Only ever used Harris or Giles, I'd say I rate the Giles higher than the Harris, on looks and strength!!!!
Thats good enough for me. Sounds like yours faired OK in your little slide!