SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-02-18, 11:39 PM   #11
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: HTPC + 4k

?.
On the Panasonic?
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...61140-pdt.html
Old 21-02-18, 02:19 AM   #12
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
i was looking to use a blu-ray burner as the drive but thats not going to happen. i have a nice OPPO BDP 93 i got before going down the kodi route and even then i ripped all the discs and had multi usb HDD as storage plugged in to the oppo. since i got 'kodi box' i have not use the oppo and gawd knows the last time i actually spun a disc in the thing.

i still have all my silver discs as backup

i'm now just going to rip the discs into my HTPC (kodi) and play them there like i do with all my media. good news is that the bluray burner i have is one of the compatible ones i can see me needing bigger HDD's in the near future as its looking like each movie is 40 odd gig each.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 03:29 PM   #13
NTECUK
Mega Poster

The BDR-209DBK plays blue s fine with the right software. That was a major headache.
But the dedicated player is alot quieter.
Easy to get the speakers set up with the amp.
Is this Just for the TV as a projector for 4k is mad

Last edited by NTECUK; 21-02-18 at 03:36 PM.
NTECUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 07:04 PM   #14
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm working on MPC-BC and madvr just now as an external player in kodi, got MPC-BC working perfect and just like the integrated player in kodi.

wont be able to test madvr till i have a full 4k setup.

dont mind ripping 4k bluray, in fact i think it would be preferable to spinning discs.
Old 22-02-18, 06:37 PM   #15
Bibio
Mega Poster

new tv (LG 65UJ634V) comes Saturday 1050ti will be here next week then let the fun begin
Old 24-02-18, 11:53 PM   #16
Bibio
Mega Poster

got the new tv hooked up and so far i'm not impressed. first off the packaging is shizz, no instructions as to what screws fit where on the stand, the instructions are worse than ikea. static shocks every fekin time i touch the thing till i put the power cord in (i have a wool carpet so i should not get any static shocks), stickers stuck to front of panel that i had to peal off.

picture quality is nowhere near that of the plasma on SD content, i feel a bit sea sick watching it due to motion blur. its supposed to upscale but i cant see any indication of such.

i'm going to look around the net for settings but i'm normally pretty good at that stuff. if i cant get it looking good then its going back

some SD content via virgin box is so bad it looks like there are pixelated haloes round sports players such as football, i dont watch football but its a good indication of how good a display is. i never has any problems with the plasma watching any channel, SD or HD.. ever.
Old 25-02-18, 08:30 AM   #17
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

What hertz you running the telly at?
Iirc with the older set top boxes it's 50hz max

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-18, 01:48 PM   #18
Bibio
Mega Poster

the frequency of any tv signal be it cable sky etc.etc is broadcast at 50hz and you cant change that. only difference is things like netflix 4k which is 30hz and bluray which is 24hz. just to complictae things even more the US and UK have different HZ as to content so the UK gets stuffed with 'juddering' picture quality. things like 'smooth motion' are supposed to fix it but on this tv its not.

i had absolutely no problems with the plasma. all i have done is plugged the hdmi cable in from the amp and all the settings are as before regarding playing content.

i personally feel that the tv is not switching to the correct hz when needed. pressing the 'info' button on the remote only tells me if the content is 1080 720 i/p etc.etc and not what hz it is. my plasma told me the hz along with everything else for instance 1080p 24hz if watching bluray and '1080/720 i' if watching tv.

i have never had a tv that switches to 100hz on any content even though the tv is capable.

its the tv that switches the panel to the different hz signal when needed.
Old 25-02-18, 02:15 PM   #19
Talking Heads

"virgin box"

freeview, cable, internet stream...?

model of box, age, specs...?
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-18, 02:18 PM   #20
Bibio
Mega Poster

just turned upscaling on via the amp and its working sorta. so LG is lying the tv does not do upscaling.

i personally dont like source or mid point upscaling and prefer end point e.g. the tv should do all the work as it 'should' upscale to its inbuilt properties which in turn mostly always gives a better picture Q.

Last edited by Bibio; 25-02-18 at 02:27 PM.