SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-01-07, 01:00 AM   #11
ejohnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21QUEST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
My dealer doesnt ustock many parts to be honest, thats why i use Sparesdirect.co.uk.

A carbtune will not balance your carbs. For that you need a pair of gauges, which busters do do.

Ive had 3 chocke cables in 50000 miles on my sv.
Viney, pretty sure he is refering to a Morgan Carbtune which is indeed used for carb balancing ect....but you knew that

Ben
Yes Ben I was referring to Carb Tune - just working up the spirit to lash out another 50 bucks
#
Old 05-01-07, 01:32 AM   #12
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnh
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
You can't really expect your local dealer to stock items that won't be in constant demand, though... Forgetting about the amount of capital they'd have tied up in parts, think of the storage and logistics...
For 140% mark up? Of course I can expect them to stock semi-consumables. Surely that is why the mark up is so high. When they get no business they will surely wonder why as well duh! One of each cheap item is not gonna tie up al that much anyway.
1 of each cheap item for every popular bike of their main brand? You think? Particularily for a bike that's been out of production for 5 years... A really big dealer might shift a few in a year, or then again, they might not. But bike sales is a chancy market, you get big shifts in demand and fashion and profits tend not to be huge at the best of times.

140% markup isn't right either, you're talking pattern vs OEM.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-07, 08:02 PM   #13
Torn-Thorax

Pack the splitter box with some fairly thick grease. Seems to help the corrotion problem on my rear carb plunger. That and not driving in the rain.....
Old 06-01-07, 11:11 PM   #14
ejohnh

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can't really expect your local dealer to stock items that won't be in constant demand, though... Forgetting about the amount of capital they'd have tied up in parts, think of the storage and logistics...
For 140% mark up? Of course I can expect them to stock semi-consumables. Surely that is why the mark up is so high. When they get no business they will surely wonder why as well duh! One of each cheap item is not gonna tie up al that much anyway.
1 of each cheap item for every popular bike of their main brand? You think? Particularily for a bike that's been out of production for 5 years... A really big dealer might shift a few in a year, or then again, they might not. But bike sales is a chancy market, you get big shifts in demand and fashion and profits tend not to be huge at the best of times.

140% markup isn't right either, you're talking pattern vs OEM.
I give in Norfie - you seem to know what you are talking about.
Old 06-01-07, 11:17 PM   #15
BILLY

Do you have a linky for the pattern part? cause I need one too!!
Old 06-01-07, 11:22 PM   #16
ejohnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY
Do you have a linky for the pattern part? cause I need one too!!
www.wemoto.com (or .co.uk)...... last time I looked though they were only doing the Suzuki part at £22.50 - somebody else told me that so I checked. There was another one I found but they wanted +£6 for a low money order. I googled on choke+cable+suzuki to get the list of possible suppliers.
Good luck
John
Old 06-01-07, 11:25 PM   #17
BILLY

Thanks
Old 07-01-07, 12:13 AM   #18
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
I give in Norfie - you seem to know what you are talking about.
Don't get me wrong, it honks me off as much as you I still buy all my bits from my local dealers, just to keep in touch with them in case I need their help with something, but I'd sooner just get them for what they cost not what they sell for
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote