SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-01-07, 09:21 AM   #1
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Default First trackday of 2007-Brands Hatch Indy Saturday 3rd March

Getting itchy feet, and since winter hasn't really happened, I think I'm going to book this:

http://www.focusedevents.com/event_details.asp?eid=648

Brands Indy
Saturday 3rd March <- Still plenty of time to get a little warmer and you don't need a day off work!
£119

Anyone game?

Thanks
Luke

EDIT: Going to book this tomorrow as there is no-one in the office at the moment and I have a voucher
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-07, 09:38 AM   #2
BLK SV

I'd like to do a track day soon but it'l be my first so can anyone tell me what the minimum requiements are? i.e clothing / bike alterations?

cheers
Old 21-01-07, 09:44 AM   #3
thor

Usually the organisers will provide this, but the standard is that you need full leathers (two piece zip together is ok), ACU gold sticker helmet. Bike has to be in decent condition, sump bolt done up tight, decent state of tyres etc.

My modifications to the bike are remove reg plate, unbolt mirrors, remove fuses for lights and tape up headlights.

More here. https://www.focusedevents.com/terms.asp

It's a bit intimidating at first, so make sure you take it easy. Speak to the instructors, they are great. Make sure you keep yourself fed and watered so you don't get tired, and a plastic petrol can is useful.
Old 21-01-07, 09:50 AM   #4
BLK SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
My modifications to the bike are remove reg plate, unbolt mirrors, remove fuses for lights and tape up headlights.
thanks Thor, so do u remove the fuse for the brake light aswell? I know race bikes don't have brake lights but was thinkin if i'm a novice and braking a lot earlier than others it might be best if they had a brake light to give em a bit more warning...?
Old 21-01-07, 10:07 AM   #5
lukemillar
Mega Poster

It's down to personal choice really. Some remove wing mirrors, others fold them in. Tape over lights, number plates etc. The only thing the organisers have said is tape over you speedo, so you're not tempted to look to see how fast you're going.

As for brake lights - Don't give 2 thoughts as to what is going on behind you - just concentrate on what's ahead - Let the guy behind you worry about when you're going to brake!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
Old 21-01-07, 10:24 AM   #6
chunkytfg

I'll be at anetterton on the 25th feb with FE for a mere £45....BARGAIN!!!!!!!
Old 21-01-07, 12:25 PM   #7
Blue_SV650S

I'd be game but would want to book nearer the time ...

chunkytfg - Snett sounds interesting tooo ... same deal though if I booked, it'd be nearer the time
Old 21-01-07, 01:03 PM   #8
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S

chunkytfg - Snett sounds interesting tooo ... same deal though if I booked, it'd be nearer the time
Snett is cheap, but if I have to ride there on the morning, then I rather it was a bit warmer still. Booking a B&B + petrol doesn't make it such a cheap deal

Brands on the other hand, is only about 25 miles for me
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
Old 21-01-07, 01:09 PM   #9
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S

Snett is cheap, but if I have to ride there on the morning, then I rather it was a bit warmer still. Booking a B&B + petrol doesn't make it such a cheap deal

Brands on the other hand, is only about 25 miles for me
Brands is 100 miles for me, Snett is 200 miles ... if I wasn't prepared to travel then I'd never do trackdays as they are all too far!! Apart from being an awesome track, the only reason I can justify doing tracks like Cadders (which is even further still!!), is that the entry fees are normally lower than southern tracks ... so although more fuel, this is offset but entry cost ... so basically then way I look at it, wherever I go a trackday costs about the same in total, but it's nice to have a bit of variation!!

BTW for me it's not Snett OR Brands I am considering, its Snett AND Brands
Old 21-01-07, 01:11 PM   #10
chunkytfg

oops doubel post