SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 09-04-14, 11:15 AM   #11
JulesW

Default Re: Caberg Ego

I just had a look at the Nexx XR1R and XR2, they look like totally amazing lids and the reviews confirm that everyone who has ever used one thinks they're fantastic. They seem to be retailing at £200 std and £300 for carbon which is right at the top-end of my budget, but budgets are meant to be broken so I might wait for one more wage packet to come in.

It would seem that Nexx have got every detail spot on, lots of riders report that once they try one their Shoei, AGV, Arai, Sharks etc get retired the very same day.

Luckily I have a Nexx dealer just up the road so I think I'll go see how they look and feel in the flesh.
Old 09-04-14, 04:26 PM   #12
MorganH91

Managed to get my XR1R Carbon for £220 as the XR2 was being released. I know this is going off-topic from the thread title slightly but if you can stretch to one I'd recommend it, I absolutely love mine. Definitely go & try one if you can. I'd spent ages reading all the good reviews, decided to stump up £200 for a standard one (still v. light) and saw the deal on the carbon; no-brainer.

The best thing I think isn't even the lack of weight, it's the size of the view port. First time I rode in it after using my Caberg was slightly surreal, like I'd forgotten to put it on. Vertical and lateral vision is miles better.

The airflow is enough to make your head cold sometimes, the Caberg was certainly a lot warmer, but this is a blessing on warm days.

The only downsides to it are the lack of internal sun visor (to be expected from that kind of helmet, but still a pain after having one), the fact that the visor only properly clips down on the LHS so you get slightly more wind noise from the right than left, and the extra faff of the double-D ring strap (though this is meant to be safer)
MorganH91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-14, 05:16 PM   #13
Ninthbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesW View Post
I just had a look at the Nexx XR1R and XR2, they look like totally amazing lids and the reviews confirm that everyone who has ever used one thinks they're fantastic. They seem to be retailing at £200 std and £300 for carbon which is right at the top-end of my budget, but budgets are meant to be broken so I might wait for one more wage packet to come in.

It would seem that Nexx have got every detail spot on, lots of riders report that once they try one their Shoei, AGV, Arai, Sharks etc get retired the very same day.

Luckily I have a Nexx dealer just up the road so I think I'll go see how they look and feel in the flesh.
If you find out what size you need I'll have a word with my friends at Lids Direct.
Old 09-04-14, 07:56 PM   #14
cb1000rsteve

For sub £200 u can't beat a hjc! I have the top of the range Hjc r pha 10 plus ( Lorenzo spies etc) £180 notes. In plain colours £130! Lightest helmet by miles only down side is no internal visor.
Old 17-05-14, 08:07 AM   #15
drewthejew94

shark seem to be good for that price range i just got one use it every day no complaints
Old 17-05-14, 11:51 AM   #16
NTECUK
Mega Poster

My Shark S900 went loose after a year
Old 17-05-14, 12:43 PM   #17
drewthejew94

ohh ive only had mine 5 months do you mean like really loose?
Old 17-05-14, 04:53 PM   #18
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Like the cheak pads and temple foam has squashed and no longer recovers.
Old 18-05-14, 08:05 AM   #19
drewthejew94

oh mine has an air inflation on the cheek pads you pump it up around your face (not that you ever remember it has it)
Old 18-05-14, 09:14 AM   #20
NTECUK
Mega Poster

I'll have to see if I can get some new pads or bin it