SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2011 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2011 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 30-12-10, 10:16 PM   #61
fenjer

Default Re: Not knowing anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terah View Post
I'm new to the Org, new to biking, don't know anyone, but planning on going to the AR.

(btw - anyone going from Edinburgh?)
see here: http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=159866

Quite a few of us, and if you look in the Ecosse section you'll find regular rideouts etc... welcome!
Old 01-01-11, 06:12 PM   #62
hongman

I'd only just passed my test and still recovering from my first off the day I bought my bike (yeah...nuff of that) when I decided to attend AR10.

Rictus kindly came to my place to settle my worries the bike would be ok going that distance, and up til then he was the only person I had actually met from the org.

Travelled up with a few from round my area and though I was dead worried about not knowing anyone, getting left behind, all the usual stuff, everyone made me feel welcome and the ride was the best ride ever.

Personally I conquered some biking demons that weekend and had a thouroughly great time - it was so good to meet people (even with a born social phobia) and put faces to names. Also makes reading posts from people you've met completely different, it's like you see them in a totally different light!

One thing, if you get an offer for someone to take some kit there for you beforehand, take it! MrsEssexDave kindly took my things back for me and it made the ride back so much better (although a little scary as Stu rides like a missle on NOS)

Everyone is so friendly and so decent - going out of their way to help you even though they dont know you from adam.

Can't wait for AR11!
Old 01-01-11, 06:14 PM   #63
hongman

Oh and I got to see Minty from Eastenders at The Ace when we gathered there with the SOHO lot, made my other half's day lol.
Old 02-01-11, 02:01 PM   #64
BernardBikerchick

come come hehehehehcome come
Old 03-01-11, 11:14 PM   #65
sv4me
Mega Poster

Of the handful of people I've met off this forum I can say hand on heart, I wish I hadn't

sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 09:22 PM   #66
minimorecambe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv4me View Post
Of the handful of people I've met off this forum I can say hand on heart, I wish I hadn't

Right back at ya
Old 05-01-11, 02:47 PM   #67
sv4me
Mega Poster

well obviously that doesnt include you

Even if you did ruin my photo session that time
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 05:05 PM   #68
darkdreamsgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
I'd only just passed my test and still recovering from my first off the day I bought my bike (yeah...nuff of that) when I decided to attend AR10.

Rictus kindly came to my place to settle my worries the bike would be ok going that distance, and up til then he was the only person I had actually met from the org.

Travelled up with a few from round my area and though I was dead worried about not knowing anyone, getting left behind, all the usual stuff, everyone made me feel welcome and the ride was the best ride ever.

Personally I conquered some biking demons that weekend and had a thouroughly great time - it was so good to meet people (even with a born social phobia) and put faces to names. Also makes reading posts from people you've met completely different, it's like you see them in a totally different light!

One thing, if you get an offer for someone to take some kit there for you beforehand, take it! MrsEssexDave kindly took my things back for me and it made the ride back so much better (although a little scary as Stu rides like a missle on NOS)

Everyone is so friendly and so decent - going out of their way to help you even though they dont know you from adam.

Can't wait for AR11!
Hear hear 'twas my first AR last year too and never had a quiet moment (apart from sleep) from the moment I met up with Keith's lot en route to the moment I parted ways with the boys on the way home!

Jo
Old 08-01-11, 05:47 PM   #69
hongman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdreamsgal View Post
I parted ways with the boys on the way home!

Jo
I vaguely remembering frantically waving goodbye to you after we lost Stu + Eviltwin when I saw signs for the M25!
Old 08-01-11, 05:59 PM   #70
darkdreamsgal

lol That was so funny!! But I actually found them again only to lose them again when Stu lost his clutch! That definitely wasn't funny, especially when he had to try not to stop his bike whenever we came to a roundabout...