SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-09-06, 09:21 PM   #1
nici

Default panniers and pillions

Can anyone advise about panniers with pillions? I want to buy some panniers for my hubby but not sure whether that will mean i won't be able to ride pillion too? It's a bit of a nightmare choosing them without any advice so any help much appreciated.[/img]
Old 27-09-06, 09:23 PM   #2
Carsick

They can be a bit awkward but so long as you're not both very tall, then it's not a problem.
Old 28-09-06, 11:40 AM   #3
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I've got some Oxford soft panniers (v. good), the one time I had to get the boss on the back I had to extend the indicators backwards about 9" by making ally strips and extending the wiring. Normally the bags sit a little behind me, obscuring the footpegs. There is a fabric middle section that holds the bags on, the pillion sjust has to sit on it (in the words of the Fonz).
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-06, 12:11 PM   #4
iprideaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod
I've got some Oxford soft panniers (v. good), the one time I had to get the boss on the back I had to extend the indicators backwards about 9" by making ally strips and extending the wiring. Normally the bags sit a little behind me, obscuring the footpegs. There is a fabric middle section that holds the bags on, the pillion sjust has to sit on it (in the words of the Fonz).
Yep, Oxford sport panniers. I moved my indicators down by the number plate. see my write up in the HowTo section.
Old 28-09-06, 12:41 PM   #5
Carsick

I just let them bend (ooer)
Old 28-09-06, 03:23 PM   #6
nici

That's really helpful guys thanks...it'll give me a good starting point when i'm looking. So soft Oxford panniers and then he'll maybe have to jiggle a few bits and bobs around...including the pillion!

Cheers
Old 06-12-06, 01:12 PM   #7
swinging_simian

Alreet chaps.

I am previously mentioned hubby. Thanks alot for you're advice, you've made me a happy man on my 30th, I now have some nice oxford sports panniers and a booking for the isle of man

One more wuestion tho', iprideaux...I can't find you're howto, can you post a link? I was thinking of getting a tail tidy anyway, but I suspect this won't fix the indicator problem.

Ta muchly.

Nath
Old 06-12-06, 03:44 PM   #8
iprideaux

http://www.sv650.org/sv_mar00.htm#02...IERS%20FITTING
Old 06-12-06, 03:55 PM   #10
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Oxford Humback Panniers work fine with a pillion

Had them and the wife on the bike at the same time

David
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote