SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 04-05-19, 05:59 PM   #6211
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Apparently eBay had scrapped listing charges. They still take their 10% but maybe that's why things have jumped. Might go to the car boot sale tomorrow if the weather holds.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 09:17 PM   #6212
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I spotted a Pentax KM on there, advertised as merely "Old camera" and the description said only "not tested, thanks for looking", on for £25, so I made an offer of 15 which was rejected and the offer button removed. I dropped them a line, pointed out (nicely) that it was unknown and the no-name lens with a chunk broken off the filter ring would need looking at, so left the offer open with them. Bit daft, it has been listed more than once. Oh well, was hoping to make a few quid on that! The Spotmatic is still here, heard nothing from its owner. Wonder if it will just stay here in the end! We have quite a good rowing machine for the same reason. No doubt some of my stuff is also out there in the world and I've forgotten about it.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 09:23 PM   #6213
Kenzie

Wasn't someone supposed to be giving you an OM1?
Old 04-05-19, 09:59 PM   #6214
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yeah, I still haven't been down there, when I was in the area I dropped them a line but got no reply. Not sure if they have changed their mind or not. People don't say "no" these days, they just ghost you, so it can be hard to tell what's going on. I had an FB rant about that last year, came up on my memories a short while ago!
Old 04-05-19, 10:08 PM   #6215
Kenzie

I saw the KM earlier but seeing as I have one already I ignored it.
Old 06-05-19, 11:14 AM   #6216
Kenzie

Johnny, I've got this kicking around if its any use to you?

Last edited by Kenzie; 06-05-19 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-05-19, 05:46 PM   #6217
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Thanks but no, the Spotmatic I have already has one. Am looking on the Bay just now, there is a cheap Durst Automatica with a few cracks, am thinking of getting it and making a good one and a spares one from it and the one I have. Mine has a knackered rewind release. Also looking at a Super Fujica 6 folder, ends in about 15mins, no bids but starting at £98 inc postage which is not too bad, and looks very good. Just going to check prices and so on and think about it.
Old 06-05-19, 06:04 PM   #6218
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I got the Fujica, no. 323794364721 a present to myself for passing my exam, and I still had some money in Paypal from selling stuff a while back. I've been trying to get a decent 6x6 RF for ages. I thought I'd cracked it when I got a good deal on a Mamiya Six Automat but the lenses are etched by fungus. Anyway study is now finished with so I really need to get on and sell some of the many cameras around the house! I could honestly open a small shop.
Old 06-05-19, 06:12 PM   #6219
Kenzie

That would be a great price of nobody else bids. Fujica looks good too. I didn't see the second reply but nothing wrong with treating yourself, really want to add a Baby Ikonta 127 to the collection. Worth a look? 273830414238. I cleaned up the K100 and reset the focus on the lens, just need to test it out. It's actually quite a nice camera, very clean lines and uncluttered to look at. Shutter speed dial and iso dial are as one, apart from rewind crank and wind lever there are no other controls. Meter works and is the simple +/- type lit by leds. There is a built in grip and a memo holder on the back. Can't wait to try it out. I did buy this, 293056796566, I think the folder is an Agfa Isolette and I'm hoping the Minolta 16 has a film cart inside.

Last edited by Kenzie; 06-05-19 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-05-19, 08:36 AM   #6220
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I saw the Dollina, nice but the selling prices seem to be more like 30-40. That one has an f2.8 Tessar, some have f3.5 lenses (these will be lower spec as well), and the odd f2 Xenon turns up, so am hoping to find one of those at a reasonable price. There was another bidder on the Fujica, we both pitched in in the last few seconds, and I got it for 102.Not sure who went first, but when I confirmed then suddenly there were two bids, and neither of us had time to do anything about it. I'd set mine at something like 111.57 as it's easy to assume there is no one else - if that were the case then the bid amount is irrelevant anyway.