SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-02-09, 09:11 AM   #1
John 675

Exclamation subframe replacement

on a scale of one (easy) to ten (hard), how difficult do you think it would be to swap a rear subframe.. and how long do you guys think it will take?

cheers
Old 06-02-09, 09:34 AM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: subframe replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
on a scale of one (easy) to ten (hard), how difficult do you think it would be to swap a rear subframe.. and how long do you guys think it will take?

cheers
Depends how much you know about what ya doing, you got wiring to think about, if it an SV to an SV then piece of pi$$ until you start it lol, but a lot quicker probs than putting something else on like a gixxer one...

Could take you an hour or two if you know what ya doing, just make you sure you label wiring up
Old 06-02-09, 09:36 AM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

About an hour hour and a half. Take photos of where the wiring loom goes, it was the thing i forgot to do when i done mine and took me an hour to figure it out. Other than that, its all baout taking things off and putting them back on again. Even if you are not mechanicaly minded, just take photos of each side, and from the top so you know where everything goes.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:38 AM   #4
Jester666

+1 to Viney. It's a POP as long as you remember where everything goes. Digital cameras are your friend.
Old 06-02-09, 11:45 AM   #5
Dangerous Dave

Depends who good you are with spanners, it will take about an hour and will require you to strip the original componets off and refit them to the new subframe.

Easy to do, just make a note of where things go and work in reverse when it comes to refitting them. If you have a few little containers laying about they will help, divide all the nuts and bolts into sections.
Old 06-02-09, 12:19 PM   #6
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I've seen it done twice now. Its pretty easy actually. If pushed I reckon i could do it. It don't take long at all as long as you remember where all the wires round it went. Take some pics before you dismantle it if in doubt, then you can refer back when you put it all back together. As DD says put your nuts n bolts in containers, of where they came from. If it newly powdercoated you may have to faff with the threads a bit.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 05:16 PM   #7
John 675

it took about an hour and a half i cant believe how pretty shes looking now!! it feels awesome that im finaly getting it done ,

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...43#post1775143

Last edited by John 675; 06-02-09 at 05:31 PM.