SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 12-10-08, 05:30 PM   #1
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Rutland Ring Sunday 12th October

The famous B664 early this morning.

Org meets Ducatisti.

BigBadDad doing the ususal!

Rutland Water.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-08, 05:39 PM   #2
Seggons

Default Re: Rutland Ring Sunday 12th October

After Bigbaddad got 'manovered' into organising a rideout he decided that the Rutland Ring would be nice for a little bimble. Pete and Lissa also posted about it on the Ducatisti.co.uk forum which it looked like 1 or 2 might turn up. It might be more applicable to call it a SVucati rideout...

Most of the guys parked up at the Harley Davidson dealers in Uppingham.

G and Binky (still with a swinging plate) turning up.

All the bikes parked up.

I love the look of this...

...But I want one of these.

Ducati's.

G's H*nda.

I like to say this was my tyre just getting to the meet point but I cannot, it's G's. You cannot tell that much in the image, but the sides of the tyre is covered in bulls of rubber.

The Ducati lot (really really nice and funny people).

Mike2165 come to have a chat with us before going back, he seems to be eyeing up Pete and Lissa's Ducati here.

Pete got as all organised and after a lot of two'ing and fro'ing.

Bigbaddad being his normal comedy self.

Between now and the next stop Binky had a little problem where his rear tyre caught his number plate when he went over a hump back bridge and broke the mount. After numerous attempts at flashing him to stop the inevitable happened and the plate caught the wheel and snapped the corner off. Bigbaddad and Mr Speirs (TEC) stopped and bodged the plate back on with the use of a bungie strap.

I bet you cannot guess from this image where we stopped...

I would hate to clean this thing if it got caught out in the rain.

Seems as if you have to be a certain sort of person to ride a certain type of bike...

Which bike would you like Sir.

Mr Speirs misses, Binky and Mr Spiers looking at which bike they would like next.

When we left there I found myself behind Binky again and when we got to a set of traffic lights he shouted to me, "if my plate falls off, flash me".
Well a little while down the round I suddenly find myself dodging a moving bungie strap which was holding Binkys plate on. After a little bit of swinging it managed to lodge itself between his hugger and tyre.

A little way down the road Pete and Lissa pulled over to re-group only to be told what has happened to Binky. So we hold tight and wait for Binky and Mr Speirs to catch up.

The road that we did want to go on was closed, but by the time Binky and Mr Speirs got there it was open so Lissa told them to head for the finishing point at Rutland Waters.

Here is what Binkys plate looked like after the abuse it was subject to (yes that is rubber on the bottom left).

Just for good measure he also picked up a nail (and then a screw on his way home).

andi606616 looking a little tired after the ride.

All the troops after the ride.

As normal if you want to see any of these pictures in a higher resolution then go here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...igh%20Quality/
Old 13-10-08, 07:55 AM   #3
Skip
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rutland Ring Sunday 12th October

Great pics