SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-12-06, 09:19 AM   #1
Jabba

Default Dear Santa Claus.........

......I've been really busy lately and have forgotten to post my annual begging letter to you. I'm posting here in the hope that you pop in to pay your seasonal visit as in the past. Although I did hear a rumour that you'd been banned, presumably for eating all Admin2's mince pies.

I have been a good boy this year and have been nice to everyone except the Chief Constable of South Wales Police who decided to write to me earlier this month. I said some things that I shouldn't have, but would like to point out that I was refering to his taking part in a Highland Games Tournament and advising him to take part in that event with the caber.

For Christmas I would like a torque wrench and a socket set so that I make keep my lovely motorbike in tip-top condition so that she continues to look great and sound like the finely-honed machine that she really is. I don't want her to start sounding like a tractor like some other bikes do.

Also, I'd like some new underwear and socks.

I'd also like you to deliver a drink to all my friends on SV650.org (alcohol-free for those who are driving and for those who's liver already looks like a cauliflower) as a token of my esteme and hope that you will use your influence to ensure that they have a very happy, peaceful and safe Christmas and a prosperous 2007.

Your faithfully

Jabba

PS Please can you arrange for AR07 to by dry, sunny and warm. Please, too, can you nuke the Lake District so that "they" have it a bit further south instead?
Old 22-12-06, 09:35 AM   #2
Tomcat

Dear Santa

In the same spirit of jabba I feel the need to join in this communal letter:

For Christmas please could I have another year like this 1 .... just a few amendments :

a) Just a little more respect fro my kids
b) one job I have is great, please change the other before it takes over my life and ruins all the other good stuff I have
c) That's about it, apart from the obvious, more cash, holidays, cars, bike etc... I can cope without

In the last 7 years I can honestly say this has been the happiest and best year for me, so if you have had anything to do with it, thanks big fella!

All the jolliness and merriness to all the other guys here on sv.org .... lets hope for more sunny, dry, safe days to BIKE BIKE BIKE

x
Old 22-12-06, 10:17 AM   #3
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Default Re: Dear Santa Claus.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
. . . For Christmas I would like a torque wrench and a socket set so that I make keep my lovely motorbike in tip-top condition so that she continues to look great and sound like the finely-honed machine that she really is. I don't want her to start sounding like a tractor like some other bikes do.
So you've got rid of the H*rnet then have you Jabba ? :P

Have to agree with the bit about The Lake District though !!
Old 22-12-06, 10:51 AM   #4
K

Dear Santa,

Hello.

Yeah, down here.

Er, hi. Due to some clerical error no doubt, I seem to have been missed off you list for quite a while now.

Whilst I understand that letters can get lost in the post, I am aware that the percentage of truely lost mail is actually fairly small and it's unlikely to have all been mine. So, I would appreciate your not fobbing me off with the same old excuse that I have submitted to, with good grace I may add, in past years.

I feel that, with interest and compensation for mental anguish caused, that you owe me a substantial amount by now. Things could get nasty, Legal or even physical (being a crippo I feel I'm on a par with a 'disadvantaged minority' and therefore would have no qualms about clocking one of your elves round the head with one of my crutches) - however I am willing to offer up a compromise that I think will appeal to your better nature and love of 'Goodwill to all'.

A few billion quid will suffice.

Not for me you understand.

No really. Can you possibly see your way to revitalising the NHS for me?

True, I could just ask for a new knee, but this way more people will benefit and I will stand as good a chance as any to actually make it onto a waiting list - possibly even to the top of one.

Ta.

K
Old 22-12-06, 11:24 AM   #5
The Mass

Dear Santa,

Yep me again,

I tried, as you suggested to use a different form of transport to get from my home to my place of work, so you brought me a nice shiney Sv650 for Chrimbo a couple fo years back, I tried that, and although very nice, and very fast, I got hassle from both family's about being a responsible daddy, and was told to "Get Rid".
So I went back to the four wheel vehicle, and although nice n warm on these cold n icy morns, doesn't quite have the grunt and sex appeal of the SV650 you kindly chose for me a couple of years back. So this year, in light of the fantastic peeps that own the "Severn Crossings" they've decided that £4.90 isn't enough to be privileged to use this wondrous invention of steel and Tarmac on suspended strands of metal, so they're delighted to inform us all the intention of charging us £5.10 as of new years day! great!

SO... I like to think of myself as a philosophical kinda person, and in the same kind of mind of the kind peeps at "Severn crossings" with there festive spirit of informing me of the forthcoming increase, could you possibly fit a switch to my four wheel machine, that changes it into a Helicopter just before junction 19 of the M4 ..."Sweet" As it only took me about 4.5 hours to get home last night, as someone decided they didn't like the central reservation at Junc 24, and caused havoc whilst the authorities closed that part of the M4. Hope they're OK by the way But this seems to be a regular occurance, and never really noticed it when on the Motorbike

Cheers
Old 22-12-06, 11:36 AM   #6
valleyboy

Dear Santa...

Can you please give me a motorbike that will still work after I take it appart, put it back together, and clean it for an infinate number of times.... Currently, not even BMW or Honda can deliver me such a vehicle.. so what am I to do with a Kawasaki which is definatley of the female variaty due to all its attention seeking this year

Could you also give me a woman this year as well.. all of the ones Ive stumbled accross so far run away at the first given opperunity... failing that, can I have a rather good set of handcuffs so the next one cant escape that easily fluffy pink ones if possible oh.. can the woman come with a remote control.. especialy with a mute button

Could you also tell Mr G. Brown to lower the duty on petrol please..... its getting to be a pain in the ass now....

A helicopter would be nice as well, say an Mi-24 will do so I can blow the crap out of stuff I dont like with it... then drag my bike out of it and go for a ride.... can the instructions for it come in English please.. I only know Vodka from the Russian language...
Old 22-12-06, 11:40 AM   #7
xlewdx

Hey Santa Dude

My Christmas list is brief but important. I've had a wicked year, promotion at work, new baby, new (to me) sv, and I've joined this bunch of like minded folks on their SV650 website.

My wish for Christmas is simple.............when I go to the AR07 please don't let me get wasted and make an a** of myself. I ask because you and I both know I can't hold my alcohol, but for the love of me I can't stop myself from trying to push things.

If you can do this for me Santa I swear I'll be good all year and I mght even listen to the wife's advice on my car driving.

Cheers
Rich
Old 22-12-06, 11:48 AM   #8
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy
Dear Santa...

Can you please give me a motorbike that will still work after I take it appart, put it back together, and clean it for an infinate number of times....
Id suggest he brings you a motorcycle maintenance course or perhaps a new friend who happens to be a motorcycle mechanic
Old 22-12-06, 11:50 AM   #9
Baph

Dear Santa,

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what I want, so please, feel free to surprise me
Old 22-12-06, 12:25 PM   #10
Alpinestarhero

Dear Santa,

Can I have some heated grips please? My hands are very cold riding in these chilly temperatures, and I need my bike to get to the external exams, since my Uni is ****y and doesn't hold them in the huge lecture theaters in the main building.

Also, my girlfriend is due new hearing aids. Hers are 11 years old almost, its about time she had some new ones so she can hear better and interact with modern technology. Kings Cross said she can have some but I dont trust the NHS, seeing what they do with her ear-moulds

Can you give my sister some money so she can buy a house, and give her a new job? She has been upset this week about it all.

Can you make my brother pass his driving test? Its anoying the pants off everyone now!

Finally, can you make this christmas day suprisingly warm so I can go for a good thrash before my Xmas dinner

Matt