SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-04-06, 07:35 AM   #1
H62

Default Only in America

Got this sent to me don't know if it is true but it give me laugh anyway.

Old 07-04-06, 08:06 AM   #2
anna
Mega Poster

anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 08:22 AM   #3
Anonymous

On this one i say go for it girl.

The bank have an obligation to be dutiful to their customers, by taking the pi55, this poor lady has been made to feel like she's worthless.

Can you imagine if you went into your local bank to open an account and they all took the michael out of you, and didnt beleive you? You'd be mightily wound up.

Let rip girl, hope you get your Million.
Old 07-04-06, 08:29 AM   #4
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyerkneedown
On this one i say go for it girl.
For once we're in agreement . The amount of damages claimed, of course, is quite ridiculous, but I hope she gets them anyway - anything to stuff a bank.

Old 07-04-06, 08:31 AM   #5
Jelster

Joe,

My surname is "Jelly", and I have been on the end of many line. Some made me laugh, some I foumd irritating... But sue for $1m - don't be silly. Yes, make them come out with a formal appology and yes maybe some jobs should go, but a million bucks.... That's just stupid (and typical of the greed in America).

Old 07-04-06, 08:45 AM   #6
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Joe,

My surname is "Jelly", and I have been on the end of many line. Some made me laugh, some I foumd irritating... But sue for $1m - don't be silly. Yes, make them come out with a formal appology and yes maybe some jobs should go, but a million bucks.... That's just stupid (and typical of the greed in America).

I agree that its a stupidly high sum. However the reason being that if you claim for a mil, you can fall short and hit say few hundred K, if you only aim for a few hundred k, thats all you're gonna get.

Also, its a bank, its not like they'll miss a million bucks. Stick it to them good and proper, after all, the banks stick it to us good and proper any chance they can get.. so why not balance the tables a little bit.
Old 07-04-06, 10:05 AM   #7
Moo

Old 07-04-06, 10:11 AM   #8
Peter Henry

She should have asked to speak to the branch manager who I believe is called Richard Sole. No prizes for guessing why he does not just use the initial for his first name on his name badge!