SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-11-06, 05:13 PM   #11
BILLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike
That maybe so, but i'm afraid with my 220 pound frame sitting on top it may not be that fast!!
I wouldn't worry about that, once you hit 45mph mark the curvys 'aerodynamics' take effect and bring you to a halt anway.

Nice colour though and watch out for that Gallows Corner if you go into london by the A12. I that roundabout in the morning rush hour.
Yeah and if you buy a pointy you end up with this http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=47338
Old 04-11-06, 05:36 PM   #12
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY
Yeah and if you buy a pointy you end up with this http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=47338
Well when your pushing the envelope and hitting the scarey side of 55mph sometimes components like the clutch will fail. It happened to Schumacher at Spa, it happened to Nicky at Brno and now it's happened to me at Romford :P

Oh Yeah and welcome LS.
Old 05-11-06, 10:00 PM   #13
lucky strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
Nice colour though and watch out for that Gallows Corner if you go into london by the A12. I that roundabout in the morning rush hour.
I avoid that route and use the A13 and Limehouse Link thereafter, far quicker I find and less 'incidents' than the A12!