SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 10-01-05, 11:24 AM   #1
Ping

Default Anti-social behaviour...

I actually read my local 'newsletter' (South Woodham Ferrers) yesterday and was somewhat annoyed to find that a new complaint line has been set up...

You can phone up and report registrations, actions, locations of any 'anti-social' motorcyclist behaviour... So, when're they going to set up a line specially for bikers to complain about nearly being killed by careless or downright malevolently malicious car drivers?

I can see it's all going downhill...
Old 10-01-05, 11:42 AM   #2
Anonymous

I hope this is intended more for scrotes who ride in parks on little trailies and race sccoters around. Im sure it is (I hope).
Old 10-01-05, 11:53 AM   #3
Iansv

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm gonna go revving thru south woodham every chance I get now!!
Old 10-01-05, 01:02 PM   #4
Warren

yeah its probably aimed at the scooters and illegal trails.

most people cant tell the difference between scooters and real bikes . . . .for some reason.
Old 10-01-05, 01:20 PM   #5
Balky001
Mega Poster

I can't believe this is only for bikes, surely you can report the dorks in neon lit Nova's and Imprezza's too?
Old 10-01-05, 01:32 PM   #6
Warren

naah - they would be overwhelmed with calls then bulky.
Old 10-01-05, 01:58 PM   #7
Conrad Poons

I thought this was going to be another thread about not being invited out...

It's gotta be the scooter chavs they're targetting though. They should up the 50cc legal age limit to 21 in my opinion. Or give the police flame throwers.
Old 10-01-05, 02:14 PM   #8
Iansv

I'd love a flame thrower on my bike, can flamegrill pedestrians that walk in front of you and scooter riders
Old 10-01-05, 02:41 PM   #9
Ping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balky001
I can't believe this is only for bikes, surely you can report the dorks in neon lit Nova's and Imprezza's too?
It's for reporting motorcycles only.

It's probably aimed at people using footpaths etc (as the next article was about police crackdown on motorbikes using a footpath as a cut-through somewhere) but the wording seemed to encompass all motorbikes and any behaviour that anyone found 'anti-social'.

It irks me that it should be motorcycles only.. I mean, car drivers are no angels either... Why not a complaints line that you could complain about ANY motoring anti-social behaviour? But NO, pick on the bikers... Make us ALL out to be hooligans by initiating a public complaints line.

I don't understand why there's so much anti-bike feeling. In my street alone (cul-de-sac) there are about 7 bikes and one scoot... Not to mention all the others I see garaged in other people's homes... South Woodham's now got it's own bike mot center...

Where's it all coming from?
Old 10-01-05, 05:50 PM   #10
ArtyLady

Its the same old story - the minority of iresponsible riders ruin it for the majority of by getting us all tarred with the same brush by their dangerous antics