SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

EuroTour An area to discuss potential European trips, and to ask advice about long distance touring.

Old 11-04-06, 08:32 PM   #1
Demonz

Default Route Planner 2005

Found this on VD - but thought I would share to anyone needing a copy.

PC Pro Magazine has a copy of Route Planner 2005 on the CD that comes with it.

May help if anyone needs some software to assist in planning EU trips. I have yet to install it and see if its anygood but I picked a copy up earlier today from Sainsburys. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 11-04-06, 10:10 PM   #2
Jelster

I have MS Autoroute which I use as the basis for all of my touring and trips.

Yet to find something better, so I'd be interested in what you think about this bit of software.

Old 11-04-06, 10:23 PM   #3
Mr Toad

I usually use the freebie routeplanners from the RAC or ViaMichelin websites
Their road networks are usually up to date
Old 11-04-06, 10:57 PM   #4
Demonz

So far so good - My first time using this sort of software and it seems user friendly. Simple layout with lots of point and click options

Map details aren't the best - it doesn't have my local roads for example but then I am not sure if other software is the same. I think it will mean the rest of Europe is likely to miss the little back roads - but if its Routes you need there needs to be some discovery.

I can save and print multiple routes and options with getting to a destination which looks handy. Means i can go back and amend, change where i need to make various plans and options.

It shows all the fuel stations - also calculates distances, fuel estimates and costs - which are all variable set up options.

Also shows topography which looks handy for chasing mountainous areas.

You can choose to add various details on a map depending on your needs which is handy for keeping the maps uncluttered - i.e. churches, roads, towns etc

Not bad for a free bit of software.