SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-07, 10:44 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Conviction without trial, perhaps Trial by ordeal?

Is it unjust that we as forum members can be convicted and sentenced without trial when it comes to 'moderating'?

Who votes in these people to power? How are the police policed? How often do they come up against re-election?

Discuss - and please make NO reference to individuals or instances. Lets keep this non personal and purely conceptual.

Old 07-07-07, 10:49 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Conviction without trial, perhaps Trial by ordeal?

Erh no. Lets not discuss

Conversations of this matter should IMHO be done in private, discussing things openly on the forum only spreads bad feeling and bad vibes around and makes the forum less pleasant place to spend time.

Can we all try and stop throwing our toys out or cot and perhaps show some consideration for other people and their feelings.

Blue I know what you're beef is about, its being discussed at the moment as to how we might go about sorting all this out like adults instead of resorting to petty name calling and behaving like school children.

Perhaps you might like to PM me with your thoughts and feelings on this ?

Last time we had this type of conversation about moderators and how and who they are accountable to it caused alot of bad feeling. I wouldnt wish for that to happen again.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 07-07-07, 10:57 PM   #3
21QUEST
Mega Poster

No bad feeling here with regards the moderating on sv650.org and really shouldn't be on the whole..... I do however see somewhat what you attempting to say

This site is one of the most fairly moderated sites I've ever been to...not that I visit many but trust me hehe , the moderating is very very fair.

Now...accept you are just a "pleb", deal with it and carry on as normal

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
Old 07-07-07, 11:02 PM   #4
arc123

Quote:
Erh no. Lets not discuss
lol - where theres a new level of moderating - you're not allowed to discuss this any further. Please move along.
Old 07-07-07, 11:08 PM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

All I'm trying to do is to stop this completely getting out of hand, because its going to and inevitably this p*sses people off and its not a good advert for the forum.

Old 07-07-07, 11:09 PM   #6
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post

Blue I know what you're beef is about, its being discussed at the moment as to how we might go about sorting all this out like adults instead of resorting to petty name calling and behaving like school children..
One could ask why am I not included/involved in said discussion???

Back to this thread, if I/we cannot have a debate on such matters openly with other members (in the non-specific manner intended by this post), then how can I/we? It is not really feasible for us to contact EVERYONE to get their views in any other way.

I am also interested in the election, re-election and selection of moderators and how they are policed. I don't see this is an inappropriate venue for answers to be given?

I don't want this thread to become a slagging match and fully expect it to be locked if it did, but I would like peoples opinions and a few unknowns cleared up.

If someone starts a ‘slagging match’ /personal vendetta please delete their post ASAP as this thread, although raised by recent issues, is honestly legitimate and I’d hate for it to be locked.

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 07-07-07 at 11:15 PM.

Old 07-07-07, 11:18 PM   #7
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Because it involves other forum members other than yourself and I dont like doing dirty washing in public, and also because being honest I'm not sure what the best way to proceed from this point

You're asking big questions about how the forum is run etc etc, ones that we've not been asked before ones that I personally dont have any answers for.

I'm trying to be reasonable and see both sides of whats happened over the last day or so. I just dont see how all this potential mud slinging servers any useful purpose, You know we have a complaints procedure and you have been around long enough to know how it works yet you choose not to follow it.

Sometimes I wander if perhaps you go out of your way to be "Controversial" and word what you say to create that result.

These threads do nobody any good.

If I lock this one, you'll complain, if I delete it you'll also complain, if I leave it open, it has the possibility to go critical...

Damned if do, damned if I don't

Last edited by fizzwheel; 07-07-07 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-07-07, 11:23 PM   #8
arc123

Quote:
All I'm trying to do is to stop this completely getting out of hand, because its going to and inevitably this p*sses people off and its not a good advert for the forum.
I have no idea what this issue is about. However, is it for you to say what should or shouldn't be discussed?? Genuinely interested.

And as for the above - I thought the standard answer would be "if you're not interested then don't read the thread" - in your case seems like one rule for one.........
Old 07-07-07, 11:25 PM   #9
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:

Back to this thread, if I/we cannot have a debate on such matters openly with other members (in the non-specific manner intended by this post), then how can I/we? It is not really feasible for us to contact EVERYONE to get their views in any other way.

I am also interested in the election, re-election and selection of moderators and how they are policed. I don't see this is an inappropriate venue for answers to be given?

I don't want this thread to become a slagging match and fully expect it to be locked if it did, but I would like peoples opinions and a few unknowns cleared up.

If someone starts a ‘slagging match’ /personal vendetta please delete their post ASAP as this thread, although raised by recent issues, is honestly legitimate and I’d hate for it to be locked.
1) You are not a mod, its a matter for mods.

2) Whoever said this was a democracy? Mods are appointed as Mods are appointed, for us regular posters, thats got to be good enough.

End of as far as I am concerned.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
Old 07-07-07, 11:27 PM   #10
jonboy

Quote:
Why should you be?

Quote:
I am also interested in the election, re-election and selection of moderators and how they are policed.
It's nothing to do with you. Mods and Admins are asked (to be subjects of abuse and derision), not elected, based upon their ability to act intelligently and with fairness.

Quote:
I don't want this thread to become a slagging match
No? Then why start it.

This forum doesn't need threads like this, designed to cause controversy and derail the excellent vibe that makes SV650.org what it is. If anyone has a problem, let them have the courtesy to PM a Mod, rather than try to cause anarchy in a small-minded way. Life is too short for all this crap — I don't need it, and I don't believe anyone else does, either.

Enough.

Closed Thread