SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: do you think that scooter riders (Young ones!!!!) are a reckless and without thought of other road u
Yes 29 90.63%
No 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-07-03, 02:39 PM   #1
DeeJay

Default ok... heated discussion becoming too heated...time for poll

ok... do you think that scooter riders (Young ones!!!!) are a reckless and without thought of other road users....
Old 30-07-03, 02:49 PM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I stick to my earlier posts that only a minority of young people act in this manor, in the same way it is only a minority of motorists that drive badly, a minority of politicians that are honest and a minority of the human race that are murderers.

I have met many nice, polite, balanced and caring young people through my own children. Most youngsters are decent people.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-03, 03:42 PM   #3
Nekkid

I'm not going to vote. I agree with LuckPants, you can't just say 'They Are' or 'They Aren't'.
If a kid acts like a ****, fine, brand them a **** but it's not fair to brand the ones who don't just cos they're young.
I abstain. So there!
Old 30-07-03, 03:51 PM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

I'd agree with Mike, to a point but add.

1. By definition most of these riders are youngsters so lack road skills (they’ll learn over time).
2. The "I'LL LIVE FOREVER" mentality is naturally more prevalent in the young.
3. They have yet to be confronted by losing friends to this way of life.
4. The video game generation need to learn, it's not a game (years spent playing MOTOGP II aren't enough).
5. The age old peer group thing, and trying to impress.

Bearing all this in mind I think most of these youngsters are ok and only a few are annoying ****s.

Apart from the "video generation thing", I to was once in this position.
From self confessed riding God to "yes I survived that trip" is an indication of experience.

Just my view ? not voted as options to limited.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-03, 04:34 PM   #5
vtwin

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A RED CAR
Old 30-07-03, 04:36 PM   #6
DeeJay

all very fair points... i suppose i am just going by my area... if or when i see scooter riders that ride better then my view may/will probably change... please understand that i am no narrow minded ***** or anything like that... it's just that i haven't seen any good ones as yet... i do also understad that we all have to start somewhere...
Old 30-07-03, 07:41 PM   #7
aircooled biker

Need I say more Nope.

OK, just a few words then. Most of the little ******s shouldn’t be allowed to ride and should stick to When I see these little ****s riding like total ******s it makes me
Old 30-07-03, 07:45 PM   #8
PitBitch

I don't think that ALL of them are unsafe, some yes, but not all. I know some youngens that are well educated and very concious of what they are doing. It happens every where you go, street bikes, custom bikes, cars, hot rods. I am involved in all of them and I see a lot of people young and old being stupid and not paying attention to their surroundings. Just seems to get more attention when they are on bikes.
Old 30-07-03, 07:48 PM   #9
DeeJay

Aircooled biker and VTwin.... i NEED to know how you do them cool grphic thingy's!!!!!!!! they're ACE!!!!!!!
Old 31-07-03, 07:48 PM   #10
skeck

"shoot the ****ers"