SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-12-11, 08:30 PM   #1
kiggles

Default stomp grips - again.

hi forum,

my little bro for a looking Christmas present to get me for Christmas. i have been looking at stomp grips for a while and would like your reviews on them.

i have a sv650 (work bike) and cbr600rr (weekend bike)

if anyone owns either of these bikes and has stomp grips could you tell me:

- are they worth £30-40 pounds spent on them
- are they comfortable for both short and long journey's and whether the surface of them is annoying(assuming your wearing a typical two piece leather suit)
- which bike would you recommend i would benefit having them on more. weekends i do country roads on the cbr600rr (still working on corning). sv650 mainly does motorway journeys but occasionally gets a good ragging when in a rush to get home.
- does it damage your leathers?

thanks forum for any replies
Old 17-12-11, 09:08 PM   #2
Epic Monkey

I have black stomps on my black sv. Absolutely worth every penny. I wear textiles and leathers and find the grips comfortable on long journeys.
I use my bike every day for commuting and, if the weather permits then a decent ride on the weekends. Notice them mainly on the commute. If I bought another bike these would be the first upgrade.
Old 17-12-11, 09:25 PM   #3
kiggles

Default Re: stomp grips

thanks for the advice mr epic monkey. might get him to buy me some =D
Old 18-12-11, 01:38 AM   #4
Winder

I love them, inside knees of my leathers are worn more from then but apart from that they are great. If you ride in jeans ever you will hate riding anyone's bike that doesnt have them fitted.
Old 18-12-11, 11:53 AM   #5
Nick_69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Monkey View Post
I have black stomps on my black sv. Absolutely worth every penny. I wear textiles and leathers and find the grips comfortable on long journeys.
I use my bike every day for commuting and, if the weather permits then a decent ride on the weekends. Notice them mainly on the commute. If I bought another bike these would be the first upgrade.
I couldnt live with out mine, espcially when i do track stuff and have heavy braking

Now GSXR 600 K9
Nick_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-11, 04:58 PM   #6
Balky001
Mega Poster

Stomp grips (there's an alternative I can't remember the name of that's in one of the mags this month) save a lot of arm/wrist pressure as you'll grip with knees more and being legs are x times as stong as arms its better.

I found my leather marked a bit after a few track days with heavy braking areas but didn't really wear the leather as such.
Old 18-12-11, 07:43 PM   #7
Mikey10

stomps are great i wear my jeans on my journy to college and they are great take all pressure of your arms under braking or if the road surface is bumpy, helps to grip and keep better stability and i have to agree if you ride a bike with out them afterwards you'll sure notice it.
Old 19-12-11, 08:56 AM   #8
The Guru

Thumbs up TechSpec Gripster

Tech-Spec Gripster - Snake Skin

I much prefer them to Stomp grips.

Old 19-12-11, 09:45 AM   #9
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: stomp grips

+1 on techspec gripster. Really make a difference, will be 1st thing I order, if and when getting a new bike!
Old 19-12-11, 01:43 PM   #10
Wez007

The idea of them is great but you lose sooo much of the lovely shiney tank !!!