SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-02-09, 10:56 PM   #1
husky03
Mega Poster

Default Can't tax my bike online!

Why?-because its not on the insurance register?-phoned insurance and kicked up stink-insurance was renewed in December.

check your bike here-

http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

husky
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-09, 12:23 AM   #2
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: Can't tax my bike online!

Mine is all good. By the way do not put spaces in the number plate otherwise it'll not check it properly.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-09, 12:29 AM   #3
sv_rory

Thats quite a handy site !

what have the insurance company done about it because if your riding along and the police follow you they will see the bike as uninsured ! and cause you a lot of hassle!. if i were you id threaten to report them to the insurance ombudsmen
Old 18-02-09, 07:39 AM   #4
the white rabbit

What company? Ebike havent got mine on either (using DVLA for tax not this site).
Old 18-02-09, 07:55 AM   #5
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_rory View Post
what have the insurance company done about it because if your riding along and the police follow you they will see the bike as uninsured ! and cause you a lot of hassle!.
This happened to me whilst I was driving my van, the database had my insurance details on it, but either the police system doesn't work properly, or PEBKAC.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-09, 07:59 AM   #6
simesb

I noticed some time ago that mine wasn't on (I always check the bike/cars after I change insurance). Dropped Adelaide an email and it was all sorted for the next day.
Old 18-02-09, 10:00 AM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

I couldn't tax my bike because it wasn't on the register. turns out two numbers in the insurance cert were transposed. My small local post office were the ones that spotted the mistake. Realised it was a mistake, gave me a new disc and I corrected it with the insurers.

My lad is insured through the e-group, he was on the register and able to on-line tax within 2 days
Old 18-02-09, 10:21 AM   #8
plowsie

Doh I put the wrong reg in lollllll.
Old 18-02-09, 10:40 AM   #9
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
This happened to me whilst I was driving my van, the database had my insurance details on it, but either the police system doesn't work properly, or PEBKAC.
Same thing happened to the old man in his van. When the database first came in nobody told him from the brokers he was with at the time, that they didn't do it - he had to enter all his vehicles (trade policy) on the database himself - difficult seeing as he knows FA about computers - so I had to do it for him.

So there he was at the side of the road and they were threatening to confiscate his van - luckily it was during 9-5 hours when his brokers were open and once he had phoned them and they confirmed with the Bill that he was actually insured (at great feckin expense might I add!) they let him go - of course by that time he'd lost an hour on his self-employed day

Good idea in theory..........
Old 18-02-09, 03:55 PM   #10
suzsv650

Good for seeing that your old bikes are on the road still... My SV isnt shes been broken